The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttle Body Swap

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    phizz2k

Throttle Body Swap

Well I was at the Junkyard the other day cause my windsheild squirter flew off and I decided to go pick up a few :)

Anyways I grabed an 1g elbow and throttle body off a an eclipse that was in the yard and made sure the plugs mathed up with a 97 galant there as well...

My question is when reading through jips tutorial on this swap I duno how he addjusted his tps? Does anyone here know how its done?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You need a multimeter or a logger. I just hooked my logger up and it shows TPS %, I adjusted the TPS untill the logger read 0% when the throttle plate was closed.

With the multimeter follow the directions on page 4:

http://www.iamsethmo.com/Manuals/199...e%20charts.pdf

And page 30 here

http://www.iamsethmo.com/Manuals/199...and%202.4l.pdf
    7g for life!

phizz2k
    Thanks seth, I bought scantool to use my laptop a while back and had it up and runing but didn't know of any adjustments I could make with it....

I think I will give it a whirl this weekend and post up some results...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You cant make adjusrments with a scan tool or logger, the adjustments are made on the TPS itself.
    7g for life!

phizz2k
    OK, After a little researching, I guess I have to monitor the reading Iam getting from my laptop while adjusting the TPS.....

Which is by loosening the two screws that hold the TPS down and sliding the TPS up or down to reach 0% at idle?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phizz2k
    OK, After a little researching, I guess I have to monitor the reading Iam getting from my laptop while adjusting the TPS.....

Which is by loosening the two screws that hold the TPS down and sliding the TPS up or down to reach 0% at idle?
    The TPS swivles back and forth one direction will increase the resistance the other lower, raising and lowering the % you see on screen. With the throttle plate close (not foot on the gas) you want it to be 0%. With the throttle plate wide open (should be your foot to the floor if your cable is adjusted correctly) the TPS should read 100%.

Usualy its hard to get exactly 0-100% range the TPS values start to decay with age...I set mine so that it is 100% at wide open throttle, and when the throttle plate is closed it is around 3-5% which is acceptable.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon