The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bottom end

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

bottom end

well I am in the process of getting my parts for my turbo 4g64 and I wanted to know if a 63t moroso pan will work or do I need to get one for a 95 galant........ please help
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

well it will work on the 6 bolt version of the 4g64
    it will not work on the 7 bolts,
    personally if you are going to build a motor i'd build a 6 bolt.
    stronger rods, simpler block. no risk of crankwalk.

i personally reccomend saving a hundred bucks or so and get the obx replica.
    its pretty much identicle.
    those things are badass.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-A...QQcmdZViewItem
    vs. nearly 600 for the morrosso.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    personally if you are going to build a motor i'd build a 6 bolt.
    stronger rods, simpler block. no risk of crankwalk.

i thought only the eclipses were known to cranck walk, the galants don't. i dunno thats what i always heard. everyone 7 bolt 63's walk but 64's don't :smt017

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

if yoru lock has oil squirters, and you run a heavy clutch, sooner or later you risk walking it.
    the squirters on the 7 bolt motors, were fed off the main bearing oil galleys.
    when the check valve fails and remains stuck open, you get oil starvation to the main bearings. since the thrust bearing isn't directly lubricated, it is the first to fail.
    typically becuase you have to depress the clutch to start the motor, so all the pressure that the pressure plate provides is pushing against the end of the crank and putting a heavy load on the thrust bearing.

since the thrust bearing as i previosuly mentioned isn't directly lubricated, you basically are grinding the crank agianst the bearing, and of course the bearing will be the first to go.

main reason you never hear of 4g64 crank walk.... is the vast majority of galants were automatic. secondly, between all the 5 speed galants, and the few spyder eclipses. how many people do you think ran heavy ass clutches to handle the crazy amount of power they were making?

not really many, cause most don't do anything with the 64, they either swap in the 63, or sell to get a turbo spyder.
    and galants.... well there are many of us on here that have pushed the performance envelope,
    but we represent a very small percent of the 7g galants on the road today.
    idk about you guys but 9 out of 10 7g galants i see in person are in bad shape.
    and that 10th car is never modded.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I agree with the 9 out of 10 as looking around i here i start to see more and more 7g's and realize that alot of them are not probably taken car of. Also if you goin to build a motor i would agree and say go 6-bolt

so when i turbo my 64 i might walk it? i'm running a heavier clutch now, fidanza 2.1.

am i likley to fuck it up?

and yes most 7g's do look and run like shit. i have only seen 2 other 7g's in good as shape as mine. and a 3rd is being built with a 6 bolt.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

are the GS motors 6 bolt or 7 bolt.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Experienced TGC Member
    are the GS motors 6 bolt or 7 bolt.
    7 bolt
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    so when i turbo my 64 i might walk it? i'm running a heavier clutch now, fidanza 2.1.

am i likley to fuck it up?

and yes most 7g's do look and run like shit. i have only seen 2 other 7g's in good as shape as mine. and a 3rd is being built with a 6 bolt.
    moire than likely you will have zero issues,
    i woudl reccomend bypassing your clutch safety switch though,
    so you can at least start the car without any load on the thrust bearing.
    of course you'd want to come up with some other safety method so you don't kill someone or wreck your car by accident

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    First thing I do whenever I get in my car is jiggle the shifter to make sure its neutral. I have never started it with it in gear and no clutch in :)
    7g for life!

okay now.....Let me say this.....everything can crank walk if not built right....I have seen 6-bolts walk and I have seen 7-bolts walk it is just a matter of the blocking being built...There is not bullet prof block.....Some are built and warentied but not bullet prof. I am going to build my 2.4 B/C I don't want to change up what I have started.....I have already bought wiring harness for a 63 to run on my 64 and run link and I am going to get a 2g ecu sometime soon and send it off so it is hard to really turn around and join everyone on a 63 swap I am just going to continue on my 64 journey.(4g64T) I like the 63 but it also has it's limites like every motor.
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

So i have a 4g64 7 bolt, i've changed rods and pistons and bearings, and i want to put arp main bolts.
    My questions, i'm still in risk of getting crank walks?
    And one more question,does the main arp bolts for 4g63 7 bolts fits my 4g64 engine?