The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo 8 ecu

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

evo 8 ecu

does anyone know if the evo 8 ecu is a DIRECT CONNECTION to our harness. I am gonna need to flash the evo ecu but if it doesnt connect i dont know how to go about this.. My plan is to use the evo 8 ecu for fuel and timing curves and such along with my ecu for the tranny.. If i cant do it i will get another flashable galant ecu and flash the evo rom and use that.. thanks for any help..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

There is no harness that would do this for you, what you need to do is buy the extension harness for the evo 8 ecu and solder it to your existing wires. Thats what i'm doing in a week. I actually have the eclipse flashable manual ecu if you are intrested. You can now flash that to work like an evo ecu.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

evo

yea i know about the evo rom that was my original plan but i came up on a evo ecu for cheap.. Will it fit in my ecu harness if i remove my original for flashing purposes tho? how much for ur flashable ecu??
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

100 shipped for the ecu, but you will still need to wire up a harness.

evo

well if i have to harness it i might as well stay with the evo.. one last question if u dont mind ,, what wires need to be connected to flash the evo ecu?? i might just need to find someone with an evo haha/

I don't understand what you mean? you need to have your odb2 port and that other white port working. Thats where the flash cables connects to

glad some 1 brought this topic up, i was going to make a thread soon about the same thing. So with the EVO ecu all we need to do is remove are old ecu, install evo ecu and conntect the wires to are cars correct? Roman are you going to be makeing an tutoral? but it seems pretty stroght forward

So all we need: correct?
    -EVO ECU
    -Extension Harness
    -The flash cable / program
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

No tutorial yet, but its not that difficult. I'll be doing mine right after i get out of the shop.

evo

i mean that when the evo ecu and the stock ecu are connected -- only one will receive the flash if u can still flash it.. i want to flash the evo ecu with my settings but u cannot directly plug the ecu in to flash it... I want to know how i can connect the ecu to the obd2 port and flash it from my car if possible.. Thats why i am asking what wires i need.. Ill also need to delete the immobilizer so.... i hope that clears it up?

Are you staying auto?

yes sir

Well this is something REALLY NEW:
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthre...33#post2065733

Go down to post 46, it looks like the evo in Japan came with an auto ecu. Which is the same the one's here. So it looks like you can flash your auto ecu to know the word "turbo"

wow

that looks very nice.. . ill wait for someone to define them first...