The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Burn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    ok heres my problem with my 95 S, when i turn it on no smoke at all, after its warmed up and at idle no smoke, crusining around town no smoke, but when i get on the highway and floor it i can see not alot of smoke but i can see it, id say like about little under a medium amount of smoke, whats my problem? if any

P.S. i hate cleaning my bumper all the time cause of this, but at least i dont look like those civics with the exhuast stains all the way up to the truck,lol, my stains reach up half way up my bumper
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

I had this problem recently with burning oil and smoke. I had a leak on the valve cover gasket so I replaced it and that stopped the leak. The revving the engine really high, also led me to find out that oil was leaking out of the oil cap. Apparently the rubber gaskets don't stay supple and will harden over time and no longer form a good seal. As for the oil cap, well didn't catch that until you rev the engine and splash tons of oil on it to see the leak there. I flipped the seal on the cap as a temporary fix but still need a new one. Also, you want to make sure the bolts are torqued down to the right specs as over torquing them actually will warp the lip of the valve cover and actually give you a poor seal.

These are two places you should definitely investigate before concluding to internal leaks if you don't see smoke out your tailpipe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousLord
    ok heres my problem with my 95 S, when i turn it on no smoke at all, after its warmed up and at idle no smoke, crusining around town no smoke, but when i get on the highway and floor it i can see not alot of smoke but i can see it, id say like about little under a medium amount of smoke, whats my problem? if any
    if its only smoking under heavy acceleration, id say its not oil smoke at all, but rather smoke from a rich mixture. rich mixtures produce BLACK smoke, oil burners produce blue smoke, and coolant burning produces white smoke.

its NORMAL to have a small amount of pure black smoke under WOT, as its running pretty rich at that time.

yeah its pitch black its not blue smoke. i need a AFC, lol. but wheels come first
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12