The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: T-dub turbo talk

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

T-dub turbo talk

hey I have been reading and researching turbos. I want to get a 60-1 or 57-1 or maybe just maybe a 16g not big..but I don't know I don't want to have the same set up as everyone else.....I was going to run link on a 2.4 block with a cyclone intake manifold(should I take the butterflies out, will that help????) My head is fully built, my bottom end is going to be built. I have not decsided on how much to bore over(help I was thinking .20) forged pistons and eagle H beam rods......So I have bout a moroso oiler(like pre oiling system) But that is just a little info. but I want to run at most 22-25 PSI. Will a 16g or 60-1 or 57-1 help me get what I want....
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    It depends on your horsepower goals. A true 60-1 is a full T4 turbo, on the 2.4, that wont spool til about 5,000 which will leave you with a 2500RPM powerband. Also, the power is gonna go instant from no power to full power when that thing hits. An SC61 is pretty much a non-ball bearing GT35R but with a 3" inlet instead of 4" inlet, this is the turbo I have, on a 2.0 it spooled at about 4200, on a 2.4 prolly about 3800 give or take. That was with the .63 A/R turbine housing and Stage 5 turbine wheel. Pretty much that setup is the largest non ball bearing T3/4 turbo. They dont call it a 57-1, its just called a 57 trim. Very similar to an SC61 except with a smaller compressor wheel. This turbo will spool up a little quicker, especially if you get it with a ball bearing cartridge. The 16g is really small for a 2.4 motor, I think you will end up with it topping out in the high 6,000 RPM range and the power will level off instead of climbing.

Power wise.....

60-1 (depending on which one you get) anywhere from 400-650whp

SC61 is good for about 550-600whp with a good tune

57 trim is good for about 475-500whp

Big 16g, im not too sure, prolly around 400whp.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

im running a 57 trim t3/t4 hybrid, and i am very happy with it. im running 10 psi. the turbo spools pretty damn quick, but maybe thats because i have an equal length header (which is something for u to consider). but anyway, the t4 is kinda big for the 2.4, and like mentioned the 16g is kinda small, so i would say go 57 trim. but thats just me. i dont have any internal work done yet so i dont know how the turbo would perform under high boost.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

well who is your turbo made by and how much was it??????
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

well I am looking at this 57 trim SCM-3431E (57 Trim with stage 3 turbine wheel) I fo8und it on slowboy.....I know some people that are running this turbo and I think it might be something good to start off with.....it is not that bad just 879* I am going to do a little more research and guys let me know what you think.....

and I want to start off with runnning my cyclone intake manifold and I have heard that if you take out the butterflies you can get more bottom end power.....someone pls let me know....
    Nice to be back!!!!

its a garret. i got it from a friend brand new never seen boost for $500 i though it was a great deal, thats why i got it. u can prob find a rebuilt one for under 350 if u look hard. i got the manifold from meghan racing for $220, which was totally worth it to. i can send some links if u want them, and good luck with ur project.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"