The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Better Handling

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    UK Adieu

Better Handling

ok so how do i get my v6-24 galant to handle better. i.e stop feeling like its going to fall over everytime i go round a corner, and stop the understeer. Any suggestions would be helpful and any links to sites with parts.

ta very much

first off, if u haven't allready, lower the car w/ springs or adjustable springs from a reputable aftermarket producer. next would be struts / shocks w/ a short body casing to control the stiffer spring rates. next get a stiffer rear anti-sway bar. stiffening up the chassis would help as well. strut brace bars and underbody bracing do wonders to calm a car prone to twisting and wallowing. get wider tires and taller wheels (but try not to change the overall rolling circumferancec too much from stock). 225/40zr18 on 18x7.5 or even 225/45zr17 on 17x7.5 will make ur car feel like it's on rails.

Nick VR4
    front strut brace will help

UK Adieu
    thanks for your help

mbssbm
    most definatly some lowering springs

agreed, with relax.. get less on your tire wall.. helps aswell.. stops a bit of the roll, ive got a vr4, and feel im more in control of the car in bucket seats.. without them, you cant get into the "groove" with the surroundings
    <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve</span>
    <span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Mods
    HKS Super Drager Exhaust - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02 </span>
    HKS Induction - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02</span>
    HKS Blow Off - <span style='color:#969696'>Jan 03</span>
    HKS Turbo Timer - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    HKS EVC Boost Controller @ 13 psi - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    </span>

Best thing you can do is change your wheels and get high performance low profile tires. Everything else is secondary if you are still on stock tires and rims. Then as Reelax said, other suspension upgrades will greatly enhance the handling much further.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>