The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help with turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Do me a favor, will ya? Â*Go ask your parts guy at your mitsu dealership what engine the MD193027 rods are in. Â*Answer: Â*Galant 4G64, Spyder 4G64, and 2g Turbo Eclipse 4G63T. Â*Stop spreading misinformation.</div>
    i shall.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Size... Obviously. Â*Strength? Â*Where is your proof? Â*Don't have any? Â*Huh, what a suprise.</div>
    wheres your proof they arent? thats the most rediculous argument youve had yet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Ok... Me and about 100 other people here... all together now...
    HOW BORING! Â*Are you 75 years old? Â*Just curious.</div>
    the first sign of someone with no argument are personal attacks. and incidently, wtf does that have to do with anything, other than make you look to be a punk?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*Ever hear of something called insurance rates? Â*Just how much cheaper will it be in the long run? Â*I suppose you are all for modding the turbo spyder, but not the 4G64 spyder? Â*What a joke.</div>
    insurance rates? tough. thats the price you pay. modding and racing cars are not cheap hobbies. deal with the price or stop whining.
    besides, i have yet to see an insurance company that will pay for anything thats modified on your car should something happen to it (unless you have it appraised, in which case your rates go up anyway).
    and i couldnt care less which car you mod.. its just stupid to me to make a non-turbo spyder into a turbo spyder when theres already one on the market thats better built and stronger than the one you intend to mod.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Grandpa.</div>
    very clever.. you ARE from wisconsin, arent you. you musta got that outta the "official redneck insult book" or something similar.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*First intelligent thing you've said in this thread so far. Â*True... If you don't have the knowledge or resources to do it right, you might as well get a car that can give you the performance you want out of the showroom. Â*You'll be sorry otherwise, as you will likely damage something. Â*However, with simple internet research and reading, I think most mechanically inclined people can grasp and do the conversion properly.</div>
    i doubt you would recognize "intellegent" thoughts when written, but yes i am right. it is not for the average person who can barely drive a car, much less work on one.

this thread = teh suCK
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>this thread = teh suCK</div>

no no no its teh ghey
    7g for life!

i agree with both.

Spyder4G64t
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Do me a favor, will ya? Â*Go ask your parts guy at your mitsu dealership what engine the MD193027 rods are in. Â*Answer: Â*Galant 4G64, Spyder 4G64, and 2g Turbo Eclipse 4G63T. Â*Stop spreading misinformation.</div>
    i shall.</div>

You doubt me.... Aw... and I thought you were just warming up to me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Size... Obviously. Â*Strength? Â*Where is your proof? Â*Don't have any? Â*Huh, what a suprise.</div>
    wheres your proof they arent? thats the most rediculous argument youve had yet. </div> As I mentioned previously, I'll have some piston analysis done very soon. I'll be sure to share the info when it comes in. On top of that information, I have the proof that my Spyder 4G64T has been running with 11psi boost for months with NO ill effects.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>the first sign of someone with no argument are personal attacks. Â*and incidently, wtf does that have to do with anything, other than make you look to be a punk?</div>
    It just seemed so typical of somebody about 70 years old. However, your're right. I apologize. I should at least keep the arguement to the technical merits, as that's what I'm fighting for anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>and i couldnt care less which car you mod.. its just stupid to me to make a non-turbo spyder into a turbo spyder when theres already one on the market thats better built and stronger than the one you intend to mod.
    </div> Ok, here is why we're in a fight. First, it's obviously your right to have an opinion on turbo'ing a car. It's another thing to force it on everyone else. That's the problem. It is NOT stupid - it's just stupid to *YOU*. Now that we have that clear, let's have you show any, and I mean *ANY* proof that you have that the 4G63T is stronger than the 4G64. If you can't give me *ANY* proof, then you've just embarassed yourself, and ended this discussion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*Ok, here is why we're in a fight. Â*First, it's obviously your right to have an opinion on turbo'ing a car. Â*It's another thing to force it on everyone else. Â*That's the problem. Â*It is NOT stupid - it's just stupid to *YOU*. Â*Now that we have that clear, let's have you show any, and I mean *ANY* proof that you have that the 4G63T is stronger than the 4G64. Â*If you can't give me *ANY* proof, then you've just embarassed yourself, and ended this discussion.</div>

look, heres the deal.. YOU came into this conversation and insulted my opinion on the very first post.
    i said nothing originally except to suggest not modding a galant, and gave very good reasons as to why not to do so.. you apparently didnt like it, so you saw fit to be an ass to me on your very first post.
    i have never said to you or ANYONE that its anything but my opinion. no shit. doesnt take a huge thought process to figure that one out.
    i have given endless reasons as to why i think that turbocharging a 96 galant is a bad idea.. if you dont agree, great. i personally couldnt care less. However, telling someone its easy and cheap to turbocharge a 7th gen galant is both incorrect and misleading.
    as far as proof, what do you want? you want me to ship each piece to you one after the other? you want failures at the molecular level?
    my "proof" is simply this. ive worked on these cars for over 10 years. doing the rudementary math, thats at least 7000 cars if you figure on the low side. Chances are thats just a FEW more galants and eclipses than you. and i have seen firsthand what can (and USUALLY does) happen when someone tries doing things like this.

so you continue having fun "modding" to your hearts content. But please refrain from telling people how harmless, easy, and cheap it is, as its none of the 3, especially to the average consumer. can it be done? yes. should it? in most cases, probably not. (unless people like to spend money and fix things.)

Spyder4G64t
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>look, heres the deal.. YOU came into this conversation and insulted my opinion on the very first post.
    i said nothing originally except to suggest not modding a galant, and gave very good reasons as to why not to do so.. you apparently didnt like it, so you saw fit to be an ass to me on your very first post.
    i have never said to you or ANYONE that its anything but my opinion. Â*no shit. Â*doesnt take a huge thought process to figure that one out. Â*
    </div>

Ummmmm.... Did you read your first post in this topic recently? Here is it qutoed for you: "you will utterly destroy your stock 2.4 liter with an upgrade like that. "

That doesn't sound like an opinion to me. It sounds like you are stating a fact. The fact is, that statement is incorrect at least, and an outright lie at worst. Don't lecture me about posting opinions when you came in blurting out statements like I just quoted. You're just trying to cover your ass. The statement I quoted was the whole reason I came down on you hard. If you care to retract it, or restate it with "In my opinion", I'm all ears.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> i have given endless reasons as to why i think that turbocharging a 96 galant is a bad idea.. Â*if you dont agree, great. Â*i personally couldnt care less. Â*However, telling someone its easy and cheap to turbocharge a 7th gen galant is both incorrect and misleading.</div> Really... Have you done it? No? I guess you don't know for sure then, do you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>as far as proof, what do you want? Â*you want me to ship each piece to you one after the other? Â*you want failures at the molecular level?
    my "proof" is simply this. Â*ive worked on these cars for over 10 years. </div> I want you to acknowledge, that although you've been working on these cars for 10 years, that you really have no idea how a *PROPERLY* converted car will perform or react maintenance wise. The 4G64 is, in my opinion, both stronger and has more HP capabilities than the 4G63T, and thus deserves our respect as an excellent candidate for high performance modding.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>But please refrain from telling people how harmless, easy, and cheap it is, as its none of the 3, especially to the average consumer. Â*can it be done? Â*yes. Â*should it? Â*in most cases, probably not. (unless people like to spend money and fix things.)</div> I'll refrain from telling people what I tell them when it has been proven wrong. As of yet, you've offered no proof or reason why I should change what I tell people. Is it harmless, easy and cheap for everyone? NO, and I never said that. However, in the proper hands, the 4G64 is a engine that can be taken beyond what any 4G63T could be. Give me a stock 4G63T and a stock 4G64, and an equal amount of money. You better believe the 4G64 will make *at least* 50HP more than the 4G63T.

Dark Anghell
    :idea: this topic is "help with the turbo" and not "talk trash about the turbo". There's no room for personal opinions...just the info on turboing a 4g64 and obviously Curt has the experience.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well acidburn, I think you have just gotten opinions on both sides of the spectrum to put into consideration.

Personally, I have both a 4g64 N/A and a 4G63T in my garage and I like them both... therefore I have no opinion.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12