The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I cant stand cops, but if I was in Japan.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    exactly!!! you'll feel the pain and trust me, japanese people, specially old men, are very rude to gaijins..
    Really? I always had Japan pegged as a pretty friendly place (I must watch too much anime ). Is that only really if you don't know the language? I mean, if you move there and know the language are you still treated like a gaijin or do they show you some respect and treat you different? I mean, it be no fun moving to Japan if you can't make any friends and you can't pick up any honeys cause your a gaijin.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    no no no.. not that.. in general, japanese are well mannered people.. to people that know their tradition and customs. us westerners are used to our own ways.. that what makes the conflict.. we are so used what we really know that we tend to be ignorant about other customs when we go to a foreign land.. here in America.. we don not appreciate it when chinese, hispanics, or another race talking their own tongue around people who donot speak their language.. now that's just rude right.. cause you never know what they maybe talkin about.. or let's say we are so used to bringing our shoes into our homes.. to them that is also rude.. cause the dirty outside world should not enter a divine place such as a home... you get where i'm coming from.. consider me, i'm 1/2 and still considered gaijin.. my mom didn't grow up in japan si she's considered a non Japanese.. all that stuff.. i'm not discouraging you or anything.. it's just that, it would be nice to know a thing or two before you go you know??..

TGC Regular
    Yeah man, I totally see what you are saying. That is one thing I would have to do before I ever moved there is learn the language and take a couple history classes on Japanese history and culture.

I always did wonder why they always take their shoes off, even if it is there own house. Now I know though.

If I moved there I wouldn't be able to do it for years anyway. I'm not in the financial position to just leave the country and stay gone lol. I have no idea what I'd even do there for a job right now anyway. One day though, one day...

heheheh i'll have a video ready. i'll be going this may.. bring my kids to disney land.. also for me to scavenge a couple o stuff for the G.. but if you have any questions, ask me i might be able to help out a bit..

TGC Regular
    What does a trip there generally run and how long do you get to stay? Do you stay at like a traditional type hotel you would find here or something more unique to Japan? What does lodging and car rental run? I know a U.S. license is good in a number of other countries but I'm not sure if it is valid in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    Quote from Tokyo drift- "The cars are factory tuned, if you can go over 200k they dont even bother"

My ass!!! 200k is nothing for those cars!
    Not to be picky, but it was 180k... I just watched it 2 days ago on Movie Central

...and well, that movie had bigger issues then the cops...
    "Oh Lord...why do u mock me so?" - Homer

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Galant Driver
    What does a trip there generally run and how long do you get to stay? Do you stay at like a traditional type hotel you would find here or something more unique to Japan? What does lodging and car rental run? I know a U.S. license is good in a number of other countries but I'm not sure if it is valid in Japan.
    well there's a whole buncha hotels all over.. it all depends where you want to be.. like compare tokyo to saitama.. of course tokyo will be a bit pricey.. prices do run about the same as US hotels, it's just that the rooms are a bit cramped and japanese standard. (small). driving wise.. i'm not really sure. but the last time i drove there, my friend told me that our liscense is good for 30 days.. i wanted to try drifting but he said, if i was caught, automatic jail time... like they were gonna catch up to a drift car.. hehehehehe

lol. you white guys and asian girls. yellow fever has you hallucinating that theyre hot. the asian girls that asian guys would rate as 5 or less, white guys consider a 8+.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    asian babies can do rubiks faster than i can.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    lol. you white guys and asian girls. yellow fever has you hallucinating that theyre hot. the asian girls that asian guys would rate as 5 or less, white guys consider a 8+.
    So it should be much easier to pick them up then :P

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Hints of desparation.

never thought i say this...but id loveee to be pulled over by those cops
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Hints of desparation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12