The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need some guiding in the 4g63 swamp

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Need some guiding in the 4g63 swamp

Hi
    Need some guiding in the 4g63 swamp. Here is the deal.
    I have a 93- 7G 4g63 SOHC and want to turbo charge it.
    I live in Sweden and here where never sold any 4g63t cars except a few evo.
    So I could by an engine from Japan or US but the fright will cost big bucks.
    So I came up with the idea to by a cylinder head and turbo header with T3/T4 flange.
    I have also read that the 1G head is to prefer and to use a 2G turbo ECU.

The first question is, do I have the 1G block that don’t have the crank walk?

Second, I want to start small this summer and wonder If a turbo header for a eclipse will fit my sohc cylinder head?

Third, watt is the difference between my engine (except the head) compared to a 4g63t
    7G 4G63 SOHC want to be a 4g63T

Ok first i think you mean you have a 4g64 SOHC....Now on the turbo you can turbo a SOHC and it will be fine the bottom end is what is the problem not so much the head....All 4g63 parts will fit the block...Now you can buy just heads off of ebay and maybe a few other places...The 1g Eclipse head will flow more than the 2g cause the intake and exhaust ports are larger on that compared to the 2g...But to take advangtage of the you either need a 1g intake or a ported intake manifold....As for the exhaust and turbo and 4g63 turbo exhaust will work for you.....Use the search button and you'll find everything you need!

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Ok first i think you mean you have a 4g64 SOHC....Now on the turbo you can turbo a SOHC and it will be fine the bottom end is what is the problem not so much the head....All 4g63 parts will fit the block...Now you can buy just heads off of ebay and maybe a few other places...The 1g Eclipse head will flow more than the 2g cause the intake and exhaust ports are larger on that compared to the 2g...But to take advangtage of the you either need a 1g intake or a ported intake manifold....As for the exhaust and turbo and 4g63 turbo exhaust will work for you.....Use the search button and you'll find everything you need!
    there are 4g63 SOHC galants in europe and in NZ
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Ok well either way the blocks are pretty similiar except for the displacment and for the main information your looking for all you need is a turbo exhaust manifold, turbo, something to control a/f ratio, and a egt gauge to watch those exhaust temps...I'm not sure how much boost you could run stock on the SOHC 63 but on a stock 64 you can run up to 10psi and be good without to much done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    SOHC 4g63 has different pistons and no oil squirters vs the 4g63t DOHC.
    7g for life!

Thanks
    Yes I have a 4g63.
    I will go for the turbo header from ebay to start with, intercooler, oil cooler and turbo from the junk yard. Fuel regulator new.
    Was thinking of this turbo header so this will fit my engine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...QQcmdZViewItem

So the crank and the rods are the same on turbo and none turbo?

something to control a/f ratio, and a egt gauge to watch those exhaust temps. any sudgestions?
    7G 4G63 SOHC want to be a 4g63T

Ya that will work. As long as it is a 4g63 turbo exhaust manifold it will bolt up. Another thing is your going to need new fuel injectors, bigger fuel pump or rewire it. As for the A/F controller its up to you, my self i plan on getting a MAFT Pro here is the site http://www.maftpro.com/ . Im not sure what rods and all you have in your engine but if it is like our 64's the crank is good for the power, its the rods and piston's that need need to be beefed up some.