The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 turbo or N/A, I need help with my oil press gauge

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    8G_GTZ

V6 turbo or N/A, I need help with my oil press gauge

Where the f*** do I mount this oil press sending unit? A couple pics below:

If you have anlready done this install or know how anyways, please let me know. Any pics of yours would be great also. If there is even a stock OPS, please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

Oil Pressure.

Above the filter is the factory oil pressure sending unit, take off the connector and remove the unit.

I went to NAPA, got a brass 1/8 NPT T, and a 1" NPT thredded brass tube. I installed both to that because both oil pressure sender factory or aftermarket can not share the same circut.

My friend just used the factory oil pressure sending mount and some electrical tape to cover the oil light. Crafty, but yet lame right?

Look what they have in 1/8th in NPT fittings where ever you go, although you might need some different setup for your vehicle. Should not cost more that $5.00.

And teflon tape!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Look for oil pressure adapter on ebay.. they have a few there.. It's just a peice that goes in between your filter and the engine.. There's like 2 or 3 ports where you can connect a line for a temp or pressure sensor..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    Look for oil pressure adapter on ebay.. they have a few there.. It's just a peice that goes in between your filter and the engine.. There's like 2 or 3 ports where you can connect a line for a temp or pressure sensor..
    Oil pressure sensor and oil temp sensors in my Greddy adapter - third one is unused for now. This sits between the original filter mount location and your oil filter:

yeah thats what i did the first time around.

i still have my oil filter gauge sender adaptor if you woudl like to buy it.

i can ship it out today.
    30 shipped. its anodize blue.
    looks exactly like drybear's unit

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

adapter

it was a bspt to npt adapter for me i believe.. got one at summit racing.. like 20 or so for a little brass adapter to t into 2..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Oil filter adaptor.

E-bay oil filter adaptor for free here also. I made sure that I got 2 adaptors to fit most setups. NPT.

I got the filter relocator.

I'll even ship it to you/anyone for nothing.

8G_GTZ
    thanks a lot for your guys' input and help. I figured it out. I didnt' even need any of the NPT fittings. I moved the dipstick holder to the side to work and then moved it back. Works just fine. Here's what is reads:

Idle : 13psi
    Driving 3rd gear at 3k rpm: 47psi
    Full throttle: 52psi

Steve

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sounds about right. Usually they sat 10psi for every 1k RPM, but its not always exact for every engine.
    7g for life!

throttle has nothing to do with oil pressure.
    its rpm dependant.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

nice filter