The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo 7g?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

turbo 7g?

i have a 98 galant es..just got a magnaflow ehuast(muffler not the whole system) and a custom cold air intake. besides the whole exhasut system im not really sure what other performance parts a can put into my car besides going turbo..now for the turbo i cant realy find anything for the galant..does anybody no what turbo, intercooler kit, ect and what ever i need for this to happen?

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    2g turbo parts, custom intercooler piping, also look deeper into the performance Mods for the 7g section.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

what parts specific..im new to this shit im going from a grand prix to the galant..tutorials on the custom intercoolin piping? what about the intercooler(radiator) itsself?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    First off..read this thread, it may answer most of your questions
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28756

You will need a exhaust manifold from either a 1g or 2g turbo DSM...preferrably a 2g since it flows better and less prone to cracking. Any MHI turbo (Mitsubishi turbo) *13g, 14b, 16g, big 16g, EVO III 16g, 18g, 20g...as long it has a mitsu flange to work on a 1g or 2g manifold. You can run the stock 450cc injectors or bigger, the resistor pack since Mitsu turbo injector run low inpendence, 2g FWD dowpipe, etc etc.

You though will have to get custom made are the intercooler piping, exhaust piping because there isn't a true setup you can buy. You could try to be a 2g intercooler piping kit..but there might be some issues on fitting it. You can use any Front mount intercooler you want..you will just have to frabricate custom brackets to bolt it on and you will have to make modifactions to make it fit right especially on the bumper and bumper support if you choose to keep it.

Here is a video I made of the progress I made to turbo my 7g. You will get somewhat of a idea what things to expect and what you will need to go turbo. Its not a installation video...just gives you somewhat of a idea.
    http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=126800

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim

Any MHI turbo (Mitsubishi turbo) *13g, 14b, 16g, big 16g, EVO III 16g, 18g, 20g
    Or you can go insane like what i am working on and get a Holset HX-50 turbo from a turbo diesel... and yes, those have the mitsu flange

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim

Any MHI turbo (Mitsubishi turbo) *13g, 14b, 16g, big 16g, EVO III 16g, 18g, 20g
    Or you can go insane like what i am working on and get a Holset HX-50 turbo from a turbo diesel... and yes, those have the mitsu flange
    When do you plan to spool on that thing? My boy has the hx35 and it doesn't spool till 3700. Hx50 is probably close to 4500 so you only have 2000 rpm's in boost on your 2.4?
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Its really just to say i can, but im buying it from a friend. he modded it and its sort of a frankenturbo... it has the hx50 front, but has a little ass 40trim exhaust side. so its a 75trim and a 40 trim stuck together. he was spooling it about 3000rpm on his 4g64 eclipse

Experienced TGC Member
    Its really just to say i can, but im buying it from a friend. he modded it and its sort of a frankenturbo... it has the hx50 front, but has a little ass 40trim exhaust side. so its a 75trim and a 40 trim stuck together. he was spooling it about 3000rpm on his 4g64 eclipse
    Ok that sounds better
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***