The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged V6 Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    WarmAndSCSI

Supercharged V6 Video

I finally got around to making a short video of some highway pulls. The car is a 2001 V6 with a RIPP SDS Stage 3 kit @ 17 psi. Check my garage for the rest of my mods. Enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...260107edc8.htm

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    shit, i wish my g pulled like that. congrats man. post up some more.
    -Pedro

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    shit, i wish my g pulled like that. congrats man. post up some more.
    Thanks, I kind of wish I had a speedometer video of my car stock to show the difference. I'll make another video sometime showcasing my whole car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    oh my damn!

Experienced TGC Member
    Haha I love that pull on the 2nd run. Post up more clips if you got them.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Haha I love that pull on the 2nd run. Post up more clips if you got them.
    I might do a few 0-60 pulls before it gets dark. I've got to show my 30-50 pull too (1st gear). It tends to hurt my neck

Looks pretty stout...supercharged cars are so fun to drive, and I right? Yeah, I would really like to see some more videos.

Here's my mostly stock fed-spec Galant for a close comparison

http://media.putfile.com/45-to-80-mph

i will have to second the line of wishing my G could pull like that. what kind of supercharger is that? pics of the engine perhaps?

Re: Supercharged V6 Video

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    The car is a 2001 V6 with a RIPP SDS Stage 3 kit @ 17 psi.
    That kind. :P Nobody reads.

I did that once with my Ripp SDS and then melted pistons flew out the exhaust.
    Love,
    Matt

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    What do you mean? If you're thinking I have no aftercooling or don't have forged pistons, I've got a huge shot of 50/50 methanol/water @ 150 psi after 5 PSI and CP Pistons. I tune everything with an EManage Ultimate, not RIPP's gray or black box. I'm running a range of 12-11 AFR from 3000 to 6500 RPM. I'm still confused as to whether you meant that you blew your engine doing a highway pull or if you think I'm doing something wrong :)

that's pretty cool. im intrigued
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

What do you mean? If you're thinking I have no aftercooling or don't have forged pistons, I've got a huge shot of 50/50 methanol/water @ 150 psi after 5 PSI and CP Pistons. I tune everything with an EManage Ultimate, not RIPP's gray or black box. I'm running a range of 12-11 AFR from 3000 to 6500 RPM. I'm still confused as to whether you meant that you blew your engine doing a highway pull or if you think I'm doing something wrong :)
    He blew his engine.

Ya noob, go search it.

kiddin

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    He blew his engine.

Ya noob, go search it.

kiddin
    The search doesn't seem to have a full index right now...

Any way. I blew my engine on stage 1 with stock pistons because of an incorrect drop-down-menu selection on my EManage Ultimate (tuning on airflow rather than TPS). Ran too lean and popped #4. I have forged CP Pistons now.

Nice. I am jealous, paint job, rims and stage 3... yeaaaaaaaaaaaa

No you seem to have done everything right, my shit blew up doing 100+ as well, I ran the HKS AFR which Ripp ran before the black box. I would run the Emanage as well if I sitll have the SDS. Yours looks tight, wish I had FF still. :(
    Love,
    Matt

No you seem to have done everything right, my shit blew up doing 100+ as well, I ran the HKS AFR which Ripp ran before the black box. I would run the Emanage as well if I sitll have the SDS. Yours looks tight, wish I had FF still. :(
    Aren't you gonna EVO swap?

that sucka pulled up next to me on i-15 on my way to work, first time I've seen the car in about a year, let me tell ya it looks NICE. That thing pulls like no ones business, tried to give him a run next to him, ya couldn't even touch him. nice, now all ya need is a full jdm bumpers and sides.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediamonds
    that sucka pulled up next to me on i-15 on my way to work, first time I've seen the car in about a year, let me tell ya it looks NICE. That thing pulls like no ones business, tried to give him a run next to him, ya couldn't even touch him. nice, now all ya need is a full jdm bumpers and sides.
    Thanks man! I would have kitted the car when I got it painted, but I didn't have the cash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast