The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: good find....

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

good find....

within a few weeks i may have a bunch of turbos to sell if anybodies interested. me and my buddies are goin to a local junkyard and they have this special where you pay 50 bucks and u can take whatever u can carry and we looked today and there about 10-15 cars with working turbos in them (i checked for shaft play and cracks, i looked at about 30 turbos and about 10-15 were in good shape) i asked the guy and he said that if i can get all the turbos out in a day there mine for 50 bucks!!! not bad for like 10 turbos.....if i get them im gonna clean, rebuild, and sell them. (the bulk of them are t-25's) im just throwin the idea out there if anybody cares. i can fabricate adapters also to make a t-25 fit on a mitsu flange but that will cost extra.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

WarmAndSCSI
    That's a pretty sweet deal. Anything as large as a GT35R? I know somebody who is in the market.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    that was sweet!!! good find indeed.. can we get figures on how much you plannin on selling??

Re: good find....

Quote Originally Posted by ct96mitsug
    within a few weeks i may have a bunch of turbos to sell if anybodies interested. me and my buddies are goin to a local junkyard and they have this special where you pay 50 bucks and u can take whatever u can carry and we looked today and there about 10-15 cars with working turbos in them (i checked for shaft play and cracks, i looked at about 30 turbos and about 10-15 were in good shape) i asked the guy and he said that if i can get all the turbos out in a day there mine for 50 bucks!!! not bad for like 10 turbos.....if i get them im gonna clean, rebuild, and sell them. (the bulk of them are t-25's) im just throwin the idea out there if anybody cares. i can fabricate adapters also to make a t-25 fit on a mitsu flange but that will cost extra.
    where in MA is that junkyard located? im from MA.

TURBO= in the making.......

I would be interested in one or two maybe depending on the price and what turbo it is. I understand its not to be free cause you have to make some money too but rather buy from you than some random guy off ebay

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    heheh make it 3 for me.. trying to go triple turbo.. heheheheheheh

i need one. i just dont know how big or anything.
    i have a v6 and i dont know much about trims or turbos or anything yet.

the junkyard is in freetown, MA btw. and ill let everybody know the sizes of the turbos this weekend when i go back. the majority are t-25's from saabs so there kinda small (good for the galant though) there not going to be much money either, depending on how much work they need ill let them go for like $75-100 a peice (cleaned and oiled)
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

dknight, the t25 will be too small for your v6. the t25 is the stock turbo found on 2Gs, a 2.0L engine. not a 3.0L

Experienced TGC Member
    It would be small for the I4 as well.

I'm intrested in either 2 T25s, or a GT35R+ sized turbo.

So anything on those turbos?

not going back till tommorow-ill keep you guys posted

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    That's a pretty sweet deal. Anything as large as a GT35R? I know somebody who is in the market.
    that would be I

you now when your goin to get these cause if not im going to buy the one off sleeper

just t-25's right now. will start rebuilding soon........been really busy lately