The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g suspension choice....

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

7g suspension choice....

Ok im starting work on my suspension right now and im trying to decide what i want to do...Here are my needs....

1)The car is driven everyday but not very far.

2)Car does go to the track at least once every 2 weeks...

3)I do go camping and when we need a extra car i do end up driving but i try to keep it on paved roads as much as possible, though there are times i do have to take it in the dirt.

4)Ocasionally there is alot of weight in it when i drive, very rarely and usually round the end of the month....

Now i plan on running 15's or 16 rims most likely 15...I was thinking about a air ride suspension or a coil over.... Now i wasnt wanting to get a air ride but i was thinking and after driving this weekend(went camping and rained) and almost getting stuck in the mud, i want to lower it but for my purposes i need to be able to raise it....And for the problems that could happen with just lowering spring it would actually be cheaper to go air ride....And what i mean by that is, Body damage and things of that nature....I also thought about coil overs, my only thing about those were, and im talking about a good quality like D2 or some Tiens saying i have it lowered how good on weight are they? What i mean by that is if i put about 600pounds over the rear wheels with them am i going to have to worry bout scraping alot? And i know that any weight increase will cause that but i had a big problem with that on my mustang....

So what should i go with, Air ride or GOOD quality coilovers or lowering springs?

Also what would brand would you suggest?[/url]

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You shouldnt scrape with 15 or 16" wheels and a full load. My car was dropped 2+" with a full load of my junk in the car as I was moving and I didnt rub once with my factory 15s. Now with my 17s and 225/45 tires, I rub all the time with that drop haha.

I think either D2 or Megan are the best coilovers for the price, you can get either for $920 from VIPGarage.

http://www.vipgarageonline.com/store...Coilovers.html

http://www.vipgarageonline.com/store...Coilovers.html
    7g for life!

Well at the site i linked to they have D2 for $865 with free shipping and if you find a lower price they'll beat it...I just meant good quality cause i dont plan on buying the $20 cheap ebay coilovers...And i was planing on running 15's or 16's cause i run the car on track and i dont want to get to big

Ah the link was hiding in the paragraph. You dont want 6g suspension. You need the D2 coilovers for the 2g Eclipse/Talon.

http://www.hopupracing.com/d2rasprscosy15.html

They are actually $849 for the 2g which is the cheapest I have ever seen them.
    7g for life!

Same here...I was looking for a good coil over setup that wasnt just sleeves cause i dont really like the sleeve idea, and first hit i saw was those D2's think i might just go with those....

Ground contol has a new style coilover for $300. Its still a sleave but they way it sits on the strut is much better then the old style. Plus they make a nice mount for the spring, but by the time you buy KYB AGXs, the GC coilovers, and then the mounts, you may as well spend another $100 and get the D2s.
    7g for life!

Ya and they come with pillow ball top mounts so all i would have to do is buy the D2's and camber bolts....might make more use of my prothane bushings than there getting right now!

Will a 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse (RS, Spyder GS, Spyder Turbo, GSX, ES, GS, GST) AWD turbo suspension work on a 7g? Or do i need to stay with a fwd? or are they basically the same?

i just bough my d2 dampers for 800 shipped

can't beat that price!
    http://www.performancedsm.com/
    members get a discount, sign up and the discounted prices appear to you.

also the more you spend the more you save, the discount increases as you return your business to him. kep coming back and you'll keep saving more.

i will also have to say wayne's customer service skills are top notch

unlike slowboy

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Nice goin to have to go buy a few things