The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Install OEM Infinity system in 8th Gen. Galant

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

How to Install OEM Infinity system in 8th Gen. Galant

Hello. I'm interested in swapping out my OEM CD system (02 Galant) and installing the OEM Infinity system. Other than the Infinity head unit, amplifier and Infinity speakers(do all 6 speakers have to be used or can 4 be used?), what other modifications or items are needed to do the swap? Your help and time is appreciated. Thank you!

You're going to need the wiring harness as well. Not going to be easy to come across. You're better off getting aftermarket equipment, better quailty and better sound. FYI the infinity system in galants is a 7 speaker setup. 2 tweeters and 2 woofers in the front doors. 2 full range speakers in the rear deck. 1 speaker in the center of the dash.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

and the center speaker blows out first. ><

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    You're going to need the wiring harness as well. Not going to be easy to come across. You're better off getting aftermarket equipment, better quailty and better sound. FYI the infinity system in galants is a 7 speaker setup. 2 tweeters and 2 woofers in the front doors. 2 full range speakers in the rear deck. 1 speaker in the center of the dash.
    x2

Now you could find decent used Infinity equipment, but alas as was already said for similar dollars you can get much better aftermarket equipment.

Personally I'd recommend anything from MTX, Orion, A/D/S. There are more, but I"ll leave it at that for now.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. cntrylvr79 , I forgot about the dash mounted speaker, thanks. So it seems I should be focusing my efforts on an aftermarket system. Any opinions on what manufacturer/model (head unit, speakers etc.) would fit and sound best in the 8th gen would be much appreciated.

TGC Regular
    Whats your budget?

Proud Galant Driver, now that's an important question to consider, and would definitely help zero in on helpful suggestions. I'm interested in a step or so above the stock system, nothing extreme.

a nice aftermarket headunit u can use is a simple alpine deck. Great sound and run around 150-300

Quote Originally Posted by GSpeed
    Proud Galant Driver, now that's an important question to consider, and would definitely help zero in on helpful suggestions. I'm interested in a step or so above the stock system, nothing extreme.
    Now if your intrested in a nice used aftermarket headunit i have a few. Couple of kenwoods and a sony xplode
    I say whats on my mind. Dont like it dont read my comments.

Thanks again galantsleeper00. What model Sony Xplode or Kenwood do you have?
    -Is it DIN & ISO(fits exixting mounting points)

If I'm not mistaken are the front door speakers 6.5 with 2.5" depth but can use 6.75 with a speaker adapter, and rear speakers 6x9 with 4" depth?
    Thanks again.

galantsleeper00, just following up on the headunits and if still available. Thanks.

for a stock infintity system it pounds, but yah the center channel is already blown as is a tweeter but it still cranks... and fyi for dealer cost the one tweeter is 97 bucks and the center is 76 bucks and thats at cost,,, retail is 126 fir tweet and 98 for center channel

yeah
    I took out the infinity system and replaced it with some new 6*9 and a pioneer head unit. It rocks way better than before. Way way better.

good luck
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )