The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 8G VR-4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 89 of 89
    Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Car looks really nice!
    I like that rear wiper as well, I wish we had that here.

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    car looks good
    Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ View Post
    Car looks really nice!
    thanks for the comment guys...

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ View Post
    apparently its an option with these cars.. and I was one of the lucky ones to get it.. saw few Galant's here but only couple had the wipers..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The car is definitely sexy. Great job with the mods and still pulling off the clean look!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

back from the dead!

I stopped using my naughtika03 username since somehow I managed to get back in with my usual username :D so that's a PLUS!

seems like I haven't updated my ride thread for quite a bit

so things that happened over the last several years..

1. Facelifted the look when I unfortunately had this small accident. Stupid Lower Control Arm's ball joint came off on the passenger side (LH). I believe this was due to either improper install, or 2 being non-genuine. This ruined the front LH guard, so had to source it and as well as the side skirt. Luckily a member from ozvr4 had a spare FL sideskirts, so I bought off the member...

2. replace the old twin firing ignition coils and replaced it with 6x individual Coil On Plug set, also had plates CNC'ed to suit the Front and Rear Rocker covers.

3. managed to acquire welding skill.. not the best, and not the worst either. So made my own hard pipe kits as well as for other members..

4. Had Bilstein dampers and matched with Tein Springs (medium rate) this was somehow a little stiff for my liking. Eventually ended up with ISC coilovers which I also bought from another member

5. Scored genuine Ganador Mirrors which I eventually sold off to another member. I still have another set sitting on the shelf waiting for me to install.. If I ever install it :)

6. Also scored genuine HID type CIBIE headlights while I was on my holiday back in the Philippines, currently that's not on the car since Im using a dual piece headlight and retrofitted a pair of projectors in it..

7. last but not least I managed to score a pair of headlight motorized adjusters so I can adjust the level whilst in the cabin. Just haven't installed this as well.. too many things going on at the moment

anyway.. enough talk and some pics to show you guys :)

playing with the hard piping, trying to see what I should do with it..

Auto Trans cooler used as PS Cooler

COP Kit v1

Bride Euro 2 - which was a gift from my gf :)

CIBIE's

Headlight Adjuster Motors and Control

My recent Headlight Retrofit

Got a few things planned for it, but unfortunately due to time and $$.. it'll have to wait..

plans are
    - forged internals (hardwares acquired)
    - Big Single (to be acquired)
    - AYC Delete and replace it with LSD
    - Bigger Brakes - no rush with this one
    - more headlight retrofit

and probably more

First off... Your GF is a KEEPER! Secondly, I love this vr4. Third, you have improved this car and hope you continue to do so, she's coming out very nice. I'd like to see more pics of your exhaust manifolds and pipe routing!

How do you guys usually do the single turbo conversion on these? I tried to do the log style manifold but didn't have the room to go over the transmission as that was the location I needed for the turbo I was using, so my routing is under the car.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

thanks fellas, she is definitely a keeper.. even though she's not into cars she does let me buy things that I want.. also being with her for more than 17 years does say a lot :D

re: big single conversion.. there's 1 guy I know who's got a log type manifold that leads towards the gearbox, goes into a 'y' merger and into a GTX3076R... bit laggy.. I think it is due to the very conservative tune that its got and limited to 250kw at all 4 wheels..

also I forgot to add that the car's body needs attention. Hopefully I have $$ and time for it next year as I would like to paint it with Pearl White or similar

GF for over 17 years!? Maybe she got you those "Bride" seats to tell you something =P Sounds like something my girl would do; though she's been nagging for the couple years or so for marriage along with the rest of her family

The manifold thing, I was hoping a bunch of the vr4 guys were doing single turbo conversions lol, probably just less of a headache to twin turbo them given the engine's placement and limited space under the hood.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

twin turbo's actually do-able.. just need a good fabricator for the manifold..

I did ask her about marriage, but she said that she's happy the way it is right now and prefers to get a house first :)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345