The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO: Put LED Bulbs in Gauge Cluster

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 89
    this looks tight. has anyone done this with the white-faced GTZ guages? I think it will look sweet when i do it this weekend. :D
    2001 Galant GTZ
    ~a work in progress~

live free, die young

how many 194 bulbs are in the a/c?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

pakisouljah
    i just got my 194 LEDS today...about to do it later on, hopefully comes out nice

Those regular blue bulbs or other colored bulbs start to go bad pretty quickly. In a few months, you can take them out and most of the blue will be burned off the bulb. LED is definitely the way to go.
    Jeff [vorcatec]

Guys! I need some help...I got the L.E.D.'s from speedhut. the same link that was posted here earlier. Anyway, I did the install and everything went smoothly. But, I turn on my lights, dimmer up all the way and half of them are not working! Not only that, the ones that do work are by no means High-Bright like they say they are. I can barely see anything besides the needles. Is it possible to put these in backwards or anything? suggestions?
    2001 Galant GTZ
    ~a work in progress~

live free, die young

yeah you'll probably have to turn them around. i had purchased sum leds @ a local auto shop but they werent as bright as i would liked for them to be so i just put the stock ones back on. till i find sum brighter ones.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright09
    Guys! I need some help...I got the L.E.D.'s from speedhut. the same link that was posted here earlier. Anyway, I did the install and everything went smoothly. But, I turn on my lights, dimmer up all the way and half of them are not working! Not only that, the ones that do work are by no means High-Bright like they say they are. I can barely see anything besides the needles. Is it possible to put these in backwards or anything? suggestions?
    Thats because you didnt order the ones that were the brightest. You skimped on the price, therefore expect skimpy quality. I too skimped on the price when i ordered my LED bulbs from Auto Illumination, and they were not nearly as bright as they shouldve been. I had to order 3 more bulbs that were slightly brighter but nowhere near as the ones Voratec has.

Thats what Voratec ordered.

Thats what i first ordered and they were not bright at all.

Heres what i ordered the second time. I ordered 3 of these. And it aint bright the way id like them to be. Ill be ordering brighter bulbs soon.

Heres a pic of mines now. As you can see, there nowhere near as bright as Voratecs.

I put cool white leds in mine and I ended up with this

thanks, i got them all working but yeah they're just not bright enough. New bulbs are on the way, thanks man.

(this time im getting the ones vorcatec got, not taking any chances)
    2001 Galant GTZ
    ~a work in progress~

live free, die young

leds

are the LED's from speedhut bright enough to use?

Awesome, I pulled it out the other night to have a look to see if I'd be able to do it myself, figured I can, and have now ordered some LEDs from autoillumination. Wish me luck!

Nice. This will be my next mod!
    CrabMan

I did this months ago heres my pic!
    -_InStAlLiNg ThAt CyBeR kIt, PiCs Up SoOn!_-

Just ordered some of the 5 led UV bulbs. I'll post pics once I get em.

awsome tutorial, did mine in about ten min thanks to you!!....looks pretty good...i got the little leds from honk kong with the 5 little things on them.....pretty bright...not complainin!

thanks again!
    ~bev

I just did this earlier today since one of my bulbs was out anyways. First pic is stock and second are the 5way leds I got from superbrightleds.com

Before:

After:

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Looks good, What kind of leds did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by GALANTOWNER
    Looks good, What kind of leds did you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by agentbob
    First pic is stock and second are the 5way leds I got from superbrightleds.com

2001 5 speed 4g64T

http://superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

The one's I got are listed as WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs

Is everyone happy with the led hotspots in their dash?

LED bulbs are directional so they shoot out light in one spot of the dash... I dont know about you guys but it doesnt seem like a perfect solution even though it may be brighter than stock (in some areas of the dash)...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast