The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: air fuel ratios on part throttle

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

air fuel ratios on part throttle

I have enabled open loop to 40 % throttle so that it comes in much sooner and when on boost... I tried to start it where i thought i would accelerate on part throttle the hardest and it seems to work as i want.. I have a tune that brings me down to 12 when on open loop and on wot it decreases from 13 to 12 to 11 and sometimes on very top end high to mid 10s.. Everything on wot seems to work great and im a bit faster than gst with some mods.. I am running the emanage with 450s and ecuflash.. Everything seems to go where i want it but i was curious what ur afrs are when accelerating lightly or other than wot acceleration.. I am not using a afpr but i have a walbro 190lph.. I am waiting for the evo flash for an auto tranny but no luck yet.. thanks for the help..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

reg driveing for me my numbers range from 13-15.8.. you know what ill take a vid tom just cruise around to see for sure.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    It really depends on what type of boost your running, at lets say 50% throttle and 5000 RPM, you should still be making some boost, whenever your in boost you want to be below 14 just for safety. At least thats how I was taught and setup my old standalone. As you increase boost your AFR should get slightly richer. I guess it helps with a boost referenced FPR. Like, on my old setup, at 22psi if I was anywhere above 12.8 I would start to get a little knock. I guess its more trial and error. The only REAL way to get it accurate is to have someone else drive the car while you road tune it, or the other more costly option is to do it on a dyno.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

sup

well cruising i stay around 14.7 if i accelerate past lets say 50% i set up open loop to come in around there to drop my afr ratio.. I get no noticeable knock and the car feels fine but i am running a bit too rich as i hit 11 afr on 70% or so and i dont know what i should be at.. my tune on the emanage is for wot and it works fine on wot i was just curious if u should allow it to stay near the 14.7 mark while accelerating a little on boost.. IF i tweak the settings way wrong i will hear the detonation as i accelerate ive done this on accident so i can here the pings.. ill try to tweak my maps to stay around 13.5 on light or medium acceleration and high acceleration 12.5 to 11s.. wot it drops to mid or low 11s and about sometimes high 10s.. thanks for the info...

mtcavity and flashblue from 3g are working on the airtrek rom for our ecu so we wont need the piggy ne more so ice u may be able to use that soon... I flashed the evo 8 rom flash made to my car for giggles and the tranny went into safe mode but the afr seemed correct .. i tried the airtrek and the car would start but shut off shortly thereafter.. just a bit of info for the turbo peeps or converting..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

gotta quick questions for the turbo gs.. On partial throttle what are you guys seeing on the afr -- i used to get 14.7 like normal but it would stay there till 70% or something throttle which gave me poor acceleration sometimes.. Is the rising rate fpr gonna drop the afr to the desireable level or is that gonna be the emanage and ecu??

i ask because i have now set my computer in open loop all the time and i have my acceleration coming in at 14.0 and dropping with boost as opposed to my ecu in closed loop trying for 14.7. My result so far is the acceleration is very smooth and powerful... My highway accel is awesome also but my cruise afr on the highway is low to mid 13s constantly.. I doubt thats it is supposed to be.

I guess my overall question is whether my afr will be corrected by the ecu when using a rising rate fpr ???