The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cam Timing

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Cam Timing

I'm trying to find a website with info on changing cam timing for a DOHC 4G63. Specifically, I'm looking for if someone made a change, what change they did make, and what effects that change had. Can anyone give me a hand?
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Changing the base timing?
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You can adjust base timing by adjust the CAS but you have to ground a wire located on the firewall. Here is the VFAQ page

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/timin.htm

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

lol, changing when the valves open in relation to the rotation of the crank, otherwise known as cam timing. I'm going to be buying adjustable cam gears this summer and I was just looking for info on what settings people have put them at. It has almost nothing to do with ignition timing, like what you guys are talking about.
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors