The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just bought some lowering springs

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Just bought some lowering springs

I just bought some lowering springs.. and I'd like to put 'em on myself.. since the installation is so expensive.. but I need some help with it.. on what to do and pics perhaps.. can anyone help a bro out? would really appreciate it.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Just bought some lowering springs

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy
    I just bought some lowering springs.. and I'd like to put 'em on myself.. since the installation is so expensive.. but I need some help with it.. on what to do and pics perhaps.. can anyone help a bro out? would really appreciate it.
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36343

check that out. there should be some other tutorials so look for them in that section of the site..
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Just keep in mind, the the front suspension on the USDM 8G is different than the one you have (JDM). Yours should be more like the one on the 7G

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...rings+tutorial

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    you get the struts also??? if you didn't, and plan on getting them, you might wanna wait until you do, so you won't have do everything all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Just keep in mind, the the front suspension on the USDM 8G is different than the one you have (JDM). Yours should be more like the one on the 7G

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...rings+tutorial
    thanks bro, mine does have the suspension like the 7g, but still I can't get that compression stuff to rent, so I will maybe just take it to a shop.. maybe they can adjust the front struts.. the ride height, and drop it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh
    you get the struts also??? if you didn't, and plan on getting them, you might wanna wait until you do, so you won't have do everything all over again...
    Nope, I'm not planning on getting new struts, just keepin 'em stock. The drop will be 1.4" all around...

Found out that 3 out of 4 shocks are blown on my car.. :/ so I'll change 'em all 4 and put the springs on.. I tried to get the KYB AGX.. but they're not in stock.. only the back shocks.. so, I'd have to wait a week or two for them.. I am just gonna get MONROE shocks, what do you guys think?

damn it sucks living here.. I can't get kyb's all out of stock, and I just paid 100-200 bucks for the work of taking off all the shocks .. and shit, and my springs do not work :( they are too small.. so I am getting so fucking pissed off.. 3 of my shocks are damaged.. and I can not use them, can't ride with that.. and the monroe's is the best I can get.. or well the shop just picked 'em up for me.. damnit this sucks, can't get any springs and I still have to do that again later, and can't get KYB's.. I HATE THIS.. if I do get dissappointed with the monroe's I am so returning them back!!!

And btw, if anyone can help a brotha out PLEASE do.. I measured the oem springs and the width of the inside of the spring is 3.8" (on the top) and on the bottom it's 2.2" inside.. i need springs with that measure, the other ones were too small, and I took 'em back and got my money back..

Hit up Triggermauve, he might be able to hook you up with some quality stuff from Japan

thanks bro..