The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HEY! HOW OR WHERE TO GO TO CLEAR THE REAR SIDEMARKER

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    brandenblazeRR

HEY! HOW OR WHERE TO GO TO CLEAR THE REAR SIDEMARKER

Yea i may have seen a post on how to do this but im not sure , i was wanting to clear the rear marker if anyone knows how or where the post is would be great

Kain
    Just a couple of points on this though.

1. The clear plastic is not nearly as solid as the ABS plastic that the stock piece is constructed of. It will be very prone to breaking

2. If you look closely at the picture in the link pinoy provided, you can see your side marker will now be recessed. Just be aware of this, In my opinion it kinda looks bad and too "home made" up close.

3. The clear plastic is a pain to work with. It's very hard to make look right until you've done about 5 or 6 cutouts and gotten the feel for it. It cracks easily and if you bend it it gets "stress marks"

I was going to do the mod, but when I realized these problems, I decided to put it on hold until I can find some better way. That's just my personal opinion though. If it's what you want, go for it. It does look pretty good when you're 20' or so away it's up close that bothers me.

TGC Regular
    Yeah its not has hard to make as it seems. I had no problem with cracking or anything..instead of using a soldiering gun i used like a nice hacksaw...cut compltely straight without even trying or cracking. And yes it is like "indented" a little like maybe a 1/2 cm. But i think it looks nice. I am in the process of doing a project with someone that will possibly create a nice smooth, flush lense.
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"