The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ride height adjustable coilovers

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

ride height adjustable coilovers

Ok I know I have a chance of getting flamed for this post. I did a search and didn't find much on these coilovers.
    http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294907063

Ok the price seems too good to be true 199.95 for a whole kit???? I want to be able to change the ride height because I got 20s and sometimes I scrub bad with 2 people in the back seat. but I'm wondering if any one has any REAL experience with Matrix coilovers. I haven't heard of the name so I'm a little bit skeptical but "summit" supposed to sell quality stuff right???

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin

It's the same deal as the skunk2 coilovers, it's just a sleeve that you put over your shocks/struts it isn't a set of actual dampers. Not worth the money IMO.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    roll the rear finders.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

TGC Regular
    200 sounds more liek dropzone coilovers, even those are more exp i think lol. I wouldnt go with those.

where are u rubbing? suspension or fender?

I have rear rolled fenders and my 20"s still rub with people in the back. Can't be avoided.

it can with a stiff set of dampers.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

fenders rolled already.... I believe is the suspension. Damn I thought I found something that could work... I know the AGXs are adjustable but not by height. I can't find any coilovers that are height adjustable. I'm not spending all that money for teins or tokico so don't mention those in this thread!! :twisted:

TGC Regular
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GROUN...spagenameZWD1V

dont know if these are any good...I know Censee has a set of these on his G

Xska55
    then as far sleeve type coilovers go Ground controls have gotten the best reviews on this forum, they run like $300. Matrix is no frills brand I would hold on to that $200 and wait until you can get something more suitable to fit your needs so you dont have to do the job twice.

Quote Originally Posted by chromeblueES
    fenders rolled already.... I believe is the suspension. Damn I thought I found something that could work... I know the AGXs are adjustable but not by height. I can't find any coilovers that are height adjustable. I'm not spending all that money for teins or tokico so don't mention those in this thread!! :twisted:
    ground control. also if u haven't allready, correct your rear camber to push the tops of the wheels/ tires away from your suspension... of course this will mke the clearance to your fenders even smaller so do it as much as possible w/ goin too far as to cause rubbing on the fender. what wheel/tire sizes are u running (include offset)?

235/20/35, 20x8, I think the offset is +40mm

well for 20's ur on the wide side and low offset but it should still work. instead of coilovers, you might wanna correct ur rear camber first... that should keep your wlees/tires from rubbing your suspension.

well for 20's ur on the wide side and low offset but it should still work. instead of coilovers, you might wanna correct ur rear camber first... that should keep your wheels/tires from rubbing your suspension. also you'd be much better off w/ 225/30r20 tires (diameter= 25.3"); 235/35r20 (diameter=26.5") is way to tall and that is probably a big reason you are rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    ground control.
    are the teins really that expensive?? lets put a number out there, lets say they cost 850.

quality adjustable springs like the ground control are around 350.

500 dollars to play around for shocks and struts right?

if you really want to lower your car, can't go with the agx's cuz well, they're only meant for cars that are at the lowest, lowered at 1.5" if u wantede a drop like that, u could have just gotten regular springs.

what comes to mind? koni. they're one of the few shocks and struts that were made for lowered cars in mind.

koni rear struts run like 270.

then the koni fronts run like 290.

so total for parts round 910.

but then you're not done yet since the koni fronts are just inserts, you'd still have to take out your old strut, open it up, put in the insert, weld the strut back closed and the continue with the install.

the 850 you would have spent on the tein basic doesn't seem so expensive now does it??

now let me say this. the ground control/koni combo isn't a bad combo. its actually a great combo, its what i have on the car now. back in the day this would have be the combo of choice for most of us since our options were limited. but now we have setups from megan, tein, JIC and etc which are not only more superior to the ground control/koni combo but are also more economical.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanks pinoy for that great explanation.... do you work for tein or something??

thanks pinoy for that great explanation.... do you work for tein or something??
    he was justy trying to inform you. but forget everything else and get the right tire size first. 225/30r20. that will prpbably solve everything. the tires you are runnning right now are TOO BIG.

actually 225s are on there I made a mistake the car wasn't here at the time and I was guessing at the size. I'm going to just wait on the suspension stuff for now. But thanks for all of the opinions....I'm going on to something more simple like car audio... I know how to lower the back of the car that way

actually 225s are on there I made a mistake the car wasn't here at the time and I was guessing at the size. I'm going to just wait on the suspension stuff for now. But thanks for all of the opinions....I'm going on to something more simple like car audio... I know how to lower the back of the car that way
    if tires are correct (check the apect ratio is 30 not 35), correct your rear camber, that will keep your wheels and tires from rubbing the suspension. the rear camber kit can be done cheaply using washers and longer bolts from home depot if your short on cash.