The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold Crack

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    vorcatec

Intake Manifold Crack

Hey Guys. I put a Weapon R Short Ram Intake on my 2003 Galant ES 2.4L last year and everything was fine. Lately, my car has been stuttering when I hit the gas, almost like it's going to stall out. My friend who used to have a Galant said he had the same problem, and thinks my intake manifold is cracked. Is this likely?

Any other ideas of why this would be happening? Its an automatic if that matters. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    CEL or SES light come up? My car was sputtering but I got hit w/ the CEL, and it turned out to be a coil pack went bad.

vorcatec
    No lights at all bro. No idea whats wrong.

I have a Weapon R on my V6 and I'm having the same issue. Thinking I'm going to have the dealer give it a check up today or Monday since no-one else can seem to figure it out.

vorcatec
    mindwerkz its only when you step on it right? Like, I'll be sitting at a stop light and when it turns green i hit the gas to go and it stutters and I have to let off the gas for a minute until it goes again.

Is that what yours does? My friend told me there isn't enough support on the intakes for galants, they are too heavy and are pulling down on the manifold. I'm half tempted to just get all my stock shit back and put it in because this sucks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well take off the intake and look to see if its cracked.... just do a reinstall if its not could also be something with the mas, unplug it and reset the ecu, leave the battery uplugged for like 2 hrs and then try it maybee it is something that could be worked out on its own also

vorcatec
    Thanks fatal, I will try and see. I looked before and didn't see any cracks, is there a way to find out if it is in fact cracked, maybe feeling for air or something?

do ya hear any air when in idle? when i threw on a CAi i caught a vac leak...but my car does not stutter, actually runs fine, i think ya ecu isnt use to ya intake

2001 5 speed 4g64T

vorcatec
    Yah I hear alot of air but I think its just my intake. I recently put seafoam through my car to clean it out and noticed smoke coming from my headers which indicates there is a leak there. Could that be why my car is doing this?

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    My 8g did that, one of my coil packs ended up being bad. You need to check your spark plugs to see if any oil is on them.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

vorcatec
    OK thanks for the good tips guys, appreciate it. Hopefully I can find the problem and post it here incase anyone is having these issues too. Thanks again!

That's what mine does but it can get pretty bad at the stop light too. Odd thing is, the first few minutes I drive it each day it's perfectly fine. Dealership service dude says he's seeing a lot of this stuff in early 8Gs lately.