The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: loud screech noise

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

loud screech noise

Hey guys I have a 8g and I started hearing this noise a couple days ago. When I start the car everything is fine except when I put it in drive and start to move, i get this really loud screeching noise from the front driver side wheel area. The faster i am going the louder the noise is. When I brake and come to a stop the noise stops. The noise does go away from time to time when im driving. Does anybody know what this could be? Anyone else have this happen to them? thanks

Re: loud screech noise

Quote Originally Posted by 01galantes01
    Hey guys I have a 8g and I started hearing this noise a couple days ago. When I start the car everything is fine except when I put it in drive and start to move, i get this really loud screeching noise from the front driver side wheel area. The faster i am going the louder the noise is. When I brake and come to a stop the noise stops. The noise does go away from time to time when im driving. Does anybody know what this could be? Anyone else have this happen to them? thanks
    Could be a caliper stuck and the pad rubbing against the rotor, or could be a bad bearing. Whatever it is, it's not anything good and driving on it is only going to make it worse. Go get it looked at ASAP.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

TGC Regular
    Well i know this will sound crazy but One day i was working on my car and I forgot to TIGHTEN the front drivers side lug nuts. I screwed them on but they werent tight. I had the same exact problem. Check ur lug nuts lol.

Also for some strange problem when i have people in my back seat When i press on the brakes by brakes GRINDDD!! I have no clue why!

thanks for the input guys, i havent messed around with the lug nuts but i will be sure to check to see if they are tight.