The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $500 turbo timer???

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

$500 turbo timer???

So I'm at the dealership today and I notice they have a bunch of Lancers with APEXi turbo timers. Then I notice on the sticker that they're charging over $500 for the timer. lol Isn't that a bit steep?

umm thats very steep. I got my Apexi turbo timer for $100 + shipping. $500 is outrageous.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

Thats pretty funny...I'd tell them to keep the timer..and I'll get my own..Greddy's are around 100...and so is ApexI.

Just called him to confirm. Says that's right, $589. Says it cost him over $300 each to buy and install them. Says it's a good price. I was very polite in telling him he was wrong and that I can find them for upto $400 less on google.

Experienced TGC Member
    Typical prices. Not even remotely suprised.

Back when I was still collecting basic parts for my turbo setup, I stopped by the bandits camp to see how much stock 3000GT injectors were retailing for. They quoted me a cool $360 PER individual injector.

Buying from the dealership is equivelent to being stuck in a bad dream where you perpetually drop the soap in a Turkish prison camp.

Yeah...

Most expensive tuner shop in town quoted me $70 less than the dealer to replace my timing belt cover.

I sold cars and Kwikfox and Jeffylou can back me up on this one....dealers are out to get ya! I remember when the Harley Davidson editon F150 came out, we had a 5000 mark up. No reason either...the sticker actually said "added markup" I was like WTF!? So it is not uncommon to get ripped off at the dealer for a "tuned" car!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

wow mitsu never stop do they lol
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Wow. That is a ripoff...I had Greddy one for 80 bucks and it took about 30 minutes to install with simple tools. I guess labor is expensive out there lol.

i dont know why but dealers sell any kind of parts for like 10 times what there worth. just look at when you go to buy a new car, if u look at the options they charge rediciulous amounts for stupid upgrades. and even replacment parts, i had to pay 30 bucks for a stupid rubber hose a while back, but i could only get it at the dealer.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Wow I got a turbo timer for free. Built into the remotestart. Now if only i had a turbo :?
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Why i usually never buy a new car! Once you drive it price on it drops by at least a g if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    Wow I got a turbo timer for free. Built into the remotestart. Now if only i had a turbo :?
    lol sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    lol sweet.
    ya my remote start can be a 5 to 10 minutes turbo timer. 15 and 30 minutes if u want
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member
    grandma just bought a new car and they tried to sell her a car wash and detail for $115.... and this was from Honda; for a BRAND NEW ACCORD..

she called me when she walked off of the lot laughing. i've taught her well.
    -Chris

holy carp that alot i got mine off ebay for 40 shipped

whats funny about that, is when they get somone to take the detail and wash the lot attendants get only $7 of it cause the detailers don't touch it.
    the other $108 is profit for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    I sold cars and Kwikfox and Jeffylou can back me up on this one....dealers are out to get ya! I remember when the Harley Davidson editon F150 came out, we had a 5000 mark up. No reason either...the sticker actually said "added markup" I was like WTF!? So it is not uncommon to get ripped off at the dealer for a "tuned" car!
    Ya its true, like with the Mazdaspeed 3's we were marking 'em up for about 6K at least...
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.