The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G 5spd. Now adding nitrous

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

7G 5spd. Now adding nitrous

Well I had an 88 Mustang GT that I just sold because I needed to pay off some bills. I sold it to a friend who couldn't get a big enough loan so I sold it to him for the loan amount and he's giving me a set of 14" BFG drag radials for the galant. I also took off the nitrous kit to make it cheaper for him. Now I thru a junk head back on my 7G and filled the motor mounts. All I need to do now is get the drag radials mounted and put the timing belt tensioner on. Should be running by this weekend.

Now to my question. I have an NX wet kit. If anyone is familiar with Nitrous Express they actually use bigger jets. When you run their 75 shot they say you'll see within 2% at the wheels instead of rating it at the flywheel like all the other kits. I'm deffinately going to run a 75 shot. I wanted to know if anyone actually tried a 100 shot. Or if you're just running a 75 shot and if you have some input on how its held up so far. I have a 255 pump to put in but i need to get an adjustable fpr because i know it will over run the stock fpr.

The car is gutted (i'm going to be putting the dashboard and door panels back in) with an intake and exhaust. The exhaust consists of the stock galant manifold with 2.25" piping all the way back to a free flow muffler. No cat or resinators. It ran 15.3 on street tires before.

Can't wait to have some fun with this thing again. I haven't driven it in 2 years now. I don't mind being the test mule for nitrous as I have 2 spare blocks, 1 spare head, and 1 spare tranny. Its only going to see street duty, but i may take it to the track at the end of summer if its still in one piece.

Anybody running nitrous????

I have a 4 fogger setup on my toyota truck. as for NX claim...im not sure about that claim unless its really a 100 shot jet to get the 75 to the wheels. Im thinking with a 75 shot, you can probably get 55 down to the pavement considering its a FWD car. I wouldnt try 100 shot on a stock block. You wont see much of a difference in your times. It really comes down to if you can get the tires to catch. I had a 80 shot and ran a 14.1 in my truck and when i switched jets to 100 shot, i hit 13.98. 75 shot should be a solid choice. Nitrous is so much fun. youll definitely break 13's if the drag radials grab.

get with peanotation, he was successfully running wet shots for years on his 7g

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well no nitrous yet. I'm having problems getting races as it is already. I put a ton of the interior back in and quieted down the exhaust a bunch. Car leaves hard on the drag radials with the solid motor mounts. Every time I race someone they have to come catch me because I'm out at least a car or two on the launch. Still only a bottom 15 second car. Never thought running this slow would be so much fun. lol.

Only carnage so far is I snapped the shifter base right where one of the shifter cable's mounts to. I had another one in a car I was about to junk so I snagged that and I had the poly bushings for the shifter base and the bearings for the cables on the tranny I never got around to installing.

As for the nitrous, we thru it on my buddies 2000 v6 mustang and he ran the best of a 13.09@104 on a 75 shot. Once we stop winning money with his car we'll try and sneak it on to the galant. I'll update if I do.