The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i'll take Greddy for 500

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    whats it sound like

how hard was the engine swap and how much would an egine cost around?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    from what ive heard the swap is pretty straight forward...the engine can be bought actually really cheap...check your junkyards but they go for less then $1000

fatal's right, in fact i got my motor for 650 shipped and that was with a six month warrantee. if you are planning to rebuild then the mileage really doesnt matter. if you are not looking to rebuild it and just bring it to stock operating conditions then be careful with the motor you buy. even though mine came with the warrantee and low miles i still took it apart

here go a little preview

that sounds fucking amazing!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

yeah it does! I wants one!

sorry to keep this thread going, but i had to ask...

I have an 01 v6 and I'm looking on Tearstone right now. I'm thinkin about buying this but I need to know, which one should I buy???

theres the Lancer 02-03
    Evo 03 +
    and Eclipse v6 02-05

I know its going to require some modification but which will fit/work the best on my 8G v6? :?
    2001 Galant GTZ
    ~a work in progress~

live free, die young

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    eclipse v6 will work but as you said the piping will need to be extended some the eclipse is a bit shorter

if you want i can send you pics with measurements where i extended mine and how i got it to fit so perfect. when you do decide to get this please find a quality welder who can TIG weld. otherwise you will ruin a perfectly put together exhaust. spend the money and have it done right.

that would be wonderful. I think I'm actually going to wait on getting this for now until I can get the extra money, but I will definitely be getting it in the future. I'll send you a PM if and when I need those pics, I'm sure they would be more than helpful. BTW how much did your welding cost?
    2001 Galant GTZ
    ~a work in progress~

live free, die young

i created a really good repor (sp) with the guy and gave him a tip afterwards for the magnificent welds and spent a total of 80 bucks for a flawless tig welded exhaust. 8)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123