The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: eclipse rims... i know, i know... search... but!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

eclipse rims... i know, i know... search... but!

alright I was looking to get some eclipse rims and tires 17's. I found some for 360 shipped but I was wondering will the stock tires fit without any rubbing? Im not dropped but want to be soon. I seen some for sale on here but with smaller tires. Ive searched and people who have them here go with smaller tires. SO will stock eclipse tires give me any problems and will I need anything other then alignment and balance once I get them? hubcentric rings I hear some need. necessary? And what about the 18" with their stock size tires?

eclipse stock
    225/50/17
    235/45/18

All Mitsubishi passenger vehicles have the same hub center bore. No hubrings needed.

If you have a 9G Galant than those tire sizes will work just fine. You could fit them on a 8G, but they will rub when lowered. For that matter if you have a 8G (or any generation) you can refer to my handy dandy FAQ guide for tire sizes.

Which is also in this same forum....

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=45961

they will if you lower it. The 50 series tire is too big. You'll need a 215/45 on the 17's. As for the 18's I'm not sure. But the only reason I went with a 205/40 is so I could get the car a little bit lower. I think the size for 18" rims is 215/35 but I'm not totally sure about that. But the 225/50 will rub if you drop it. I don't think they will if you're at stock height though...

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    they will if you lower it. The 50 series tire is too big. You'll need a 215/45 on the 17's. As for the 18's I'm not sure. But the only reason I went with a 205/40 is so I could get the car a little bit lower. I think the size for 18" rims is 215/35 but I'm not totally sure about that. But the 225/50 will rub if you drop it. I don't think they will if you're at stock height though...
    Those sizes are good for a 6th or 7th Gen Galant. NOT a 8th or 9th Gen.

Refer to my tire sizing guide. I'd recommend not severely undersizing the tires "to make it lower" you risk not only damaging wheels, but blowouts because the tire can't handle the load of your vehicle. Trust me the load rating is the last thing you want to mess with.

Keep the sizing I've recommended you'll be much happier with the outcome of your wheels and tires. Not to mention many have lowered their car using the proper size tires without issues.

Don't go cheap, do it right.

i have a 01G, and i put the 17in. 03 eclipse rims on with 215 50 17 tires. Im also dropped 2in. in the front and 1.8in. in the back........ now the front right rubbed twice since i got em put on so thats something to think about...i got the balance when i put the tires on, but have yet to get an alignment...(i will get it soon :) ) heres a pic.......

2001 5 speed 4g64T