The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: injector question

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

injector question

is it true that the stock injectors from a subaru wrx will fit our 4g64's? someone said that there high impedence, like ours and theyll fit right on. i need larger injectors but i want to get high impedence injectors so i dont have to wire up a resistor box from the low resistance ones found on eclipses.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Never heard of Subby injectors on DSM's or Mitsus, but then again I could be wrong. I would assume even if the Subby injectors could fit into the Mitsu cylinder heads and fuel rails...the injector plugs would be different. IF so..you would still have to rewire anyways.

Its not hard at all to rewire for the resistor.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

run a search on club3g, but to give you the short answer: yes

I guess you don't see them used on DSMs since these are saturated, and actually have the same plugs as our cars, unlike a DSM or EVO. Plus they are "only" 440's anyway.

well im in the market for injectors anyway. im running 8psi of boost right now so i was thinkin 450cc-510cc. ill probably just get stock eclipse turbo ones with a resistor box..............btw im gettin a maf translator next week anybody got feedback on them. ive heard nothin but good things about them.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

get the maft gen 2. don't waste yoru dough on the gen one. although its effective, its nowhere near as useful or precise as the gen 2.

whereas the original is little more than a translator. the gen 2 is a valuable tuning tool. also has wideband tracking
    http://www.performancedsm.com/part.p...Id=112&carId=1
    sign up as a member on this site and you get a better discount. great price on the translator

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Iam in the market for an engine mgmt unit as well, and iam leaning towards this instead of a emange...

My only question is, must you buy a gm maft also to make the maft gen 2 work?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

No you dont alot of people do cause its less restrictive and it is bigger you can get a 2.5 or a 3.

so, the gen2 is bassically the same thing but with alot more features? so i would still need the gm mas and wire it the same, but i would be able to tune alot better?

No you dont need the gm mas you can get it though and if your running turbo it would help. If you use yours you just buy the 2g hookup i do belive.

well, as of right now i dont have a mas at all, and i do have turbo. i would rather have the gm mas though.

GM MAS will make a world of difference being turbo. I don't know how you are actually running since you don't have any MAS right now but the GM one will allow you to run a blow through setup so you don't have to recirculate the bov. The gen 2 has a larger range of adjustment to compensate for bigger injectors and also works with a wideband a/f sensor so at WOT you can set your a/f ratio to a specific number like say 12:1 and it will automatically recorrect back to that whenever you start to run richer/leaner. I have one installed on my car and it works great, the installation is really simple just make sure you use a wiring diagram for the 7g since the pinout for the 2g dsm is a little bit different.

it runs without a mas fine. just idles high at about 1500 rpm's other than that, it just gets bad gas mileage (but i dont drive it much anyway, like 1 mile a day for now untill everythings done). so ya, i think ill just get the gen2, sounds like a good investment. and i just bought 450cc injectors, so now i have to buy a resistor box. can anybody tell me excatly how to wire it? i have an idea but im not possitive (better be safe than sorry)

There is a pretty good diagram floating around on here ... I can't remember where exactly but it should be pretty easy to find with a search.

If you look for the one the Ecu swap i think that it shows how to wire up the resistor box

cool thanks guys