The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mivic shaft

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

mivic shaft

Wondering about the mivic camshafts on the 4g, i keep hearing their slightly more aggressive. im a lil worried i might break something the first five mins of driving... what are the cons of an upgraded shafts,what can happen?? should i get matching stock valve springs? and cam gear...

pretty sure its a garanteed check engine light :?
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

i'd bet 100$ the springs, retainers, and cam gears are all identical.

if the cams are more aggressive, then it woudl be a drop in affair.
    since the car has a MAS, it will automtically adjust the fuel maps for the cams.

i doubt it would cause a cel.

but i think you woudl want to be sure of this before you start popping rockers

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

WarmAndSCSI
    I'll check CAPS for any differences in parts numbers...

WarmAndSCSI
    For the 9th gen:

Camshaft (RH): MN149841
    Camshaft (LH): MN149842
    Valve spring: MD163357
    Retainer: MD159209
    Cam sprocket: MD313741

And I just realized I have no info for the 4th gen Eclipse :(

Edit: From what I can tell from Mitsubishiparts.com the part numbers for the springs, retainers, and sprockets are shared among all newer V6 Mitsubishis.

Edit: Okay, the springs for the newer Eclipse are a few dollars more expensive than the ones for the Galant. As far as part cross references, the valves springs from the Galant are NOT compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    For the 9th gen:

Edit: Okay, the springs for the newer Eclipse are a few dollars more expensive than the ones for the Galant. As far as part cross references, the valves springs from the Galant are NOT compatible.
    ahhh okay thanks, but i wonder why...i noticed different prices earlier ... not sure if just because its an eclipse or what kuz i cant find the part numbers also woulda helped if i could get info on the 07 galants soo i could see the gts vs. the ralliart. Anybody know where i can read up on specs between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr

but i think you woudl want to be sure of this before you start popping rockers
    yea im not doing anything right now, just reading up a bit. Also broke as hell to, shelling out 750 for rre headers this tuesday :x im having mixed emotions about it but f it, ill do it...

ill try askin one of the mitsu mechanics around, last time i went a sales rep tried selling me a ralliart instead
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    shelling out 750 for rre headers this tuesday
    fuck yes!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the cams on the 4 cylinder Mivec engines should be the same for the galant and eclipse.
    the MIVEC cams from the V6 eclipse will not work in the regular 3.8 liter galant engine.
    the MIVEV V6 in the galant ralliart should be identical to the MIVEC V6 in the eclipse.