The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need some I4 tranny info

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    TGC Regular

Need some I4 tranny info

Ok fam, I need some info from you 4 banger guys to run up on a sweet local deal. Since I have a V6, I have kept up to much with I4 info. I need to know if the '99 I4 tranny is same as the +00 trannys and will bolt up the '99 engine. I know with the V6 and I4 of '99 you have to use '99 specific components like A/C compressors and alternators, but I wasn't quite sure if all 8G engines and trannys worked together. Let me know something ASAP so I can decide to jump on this deal or not.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    They definetly will bolt up together, I know this from experience. I think the 02-03 tranny has an internal speed sensor where as the 99-01 has a serviceable external sensor. So in theory, you would want to get a tranny for a 99-01 galant for a 99 model year car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    Thanks for the info man. I need that info cause I found a good deal on a '99 in the local trade paper, but it's says it needs a tranny. Just want to go ahead and locate parts incase I do get it.