The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cat-back

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

cat-back

i found a 3" catback exhaust system that i wanted and its only $350. problem is, its for a 99 galant. but it is for the 4g64 though. would it fit? bare in mind im a welder/fabricator so i can "make" some things fit. i would do the whole exhaust myself but i really dont have the time, or a lift to raise the car high enough to take measurements. i have turbo now so i wanted a 3" exhaust. i assume it would fit but maybe im wrong...
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    i was under the impression that the I4 cat-backs will work for the V6 too. i forgot where i read about that but let me see if i can find it.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Experienced TGC Member
    Get a 1995 - 1999 Eclipse gst Catback and your golden. All hangers work!!! All you need to do is extend it about 6" so it reaches the cat and another 4" in the rear so it clears the bumper and not leave a nasty stian like on my 7g.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Check out VRS Exhaust they sell all the piping for a 2g eclipse prebent and ready to be installed, you just need to weld it all up ... but since you're a welder i'm sure that won't be a problem.

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KIT...ubishi_tk.html