The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TUTORIAL: Upholstering Door Panels/Custom Interior PICS!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 96
    well the way you break down the steps make the job look easy. So I'm going to be doing that soon to my interior because the girl i bought my car off of put burn holes and everything else in it

mtgraves2010

Great job on breaking it down...

Nice tutorial...This will be my next project...The previous owner had burnt holes in the fabric that I will definetly replace..

Just so I am 100% clear here, You sprayed the adhesive right on the old interior fabric? Then proceeded to wrap that?

Thanks

-Chris

thats what i did and i worked fine for me black vinyl btw
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Yeah just spray it right over the old fabric. I would recommend going to a fabric store and trying to find headliner spray glue, I used it and was happy with the stuff, it's holding my headliner up when the super 90 didn't even do it. This works for the door panels too.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    So I assume you're bisexual then? you look like vin diesel..so you must like the cock
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Lol, are you hitting on me?

I re-upholstered my doors a couple weeks ago. I actually cleaned the old panels before reuphosltering to remove any dirt or odors. The previous owner of my car was a smoker and the car smelled horrible. It actually removed alot of the odor. It also helped the adhesive bond better to the old and new fabric.

I also used 5/16's self tapping screws to attach the panel and door panel back together. Used 1/4" flat washers, because some of the holes where the plastic was melted opens up too much and the screw head actually slips through the opening. You can get a 50 pack of screws and washers, its more than enough.
    Last edited by jusunknown; 07-12-2010 at 06:48 AM

Hey HungarianHunter, I have bought some headliner spray glue from Wal-Mart thats made by 3M. Is this the same thing you used? Im not too worried about the door panels, more worried about the headliner. Just dont want to get stuck doing it more than once, if you know what i mean. lol.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Hey HungarianHunter, I have bought some headliner spray glue from Wal-Mart thats made by 3M. Is this the same thing you used? Im not too worried about the door panels, more worried about the headliner. Just dont want to get stuck doing it more than once, if you know what i mean. lol.
    I know exactly what you mean, it took me 3 goes to get my headliner to work finally XD I don't think this stuff is my 3M, it could be though. It's got a black and purple label, with a purple cap, if I remember right. Got it at a fabric store.
    So I assume you're bisexual then? you look like vin diesel..so you must like the cock

how do u cut it just right so it fits everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    how do u cut it just right so it fits everything?
    I just trimmed the excess after I already glued it to the panel.

im in the boston area does anybody know where i could get some fabric lol home depot?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    im in the boston area does anybody know where i could get some fabric lol home depot?
    home depot doesn't sell fabrics. You're going to have to go to a fabric store, or some arts and crafts store sell them

Wal-Mart has a big fabric section too. Not the grocery store, but the big super Wal-Marts that sell everything. That's where I got mine. Or just google "Fabric Store" + your area code :)

thanks man ill b sure 2 let u kno the results

Glad to see that everyone is putting use to my tutorial...good to hear its working for you guys, keep up the good work!
    XCLUSIVES CAR CLUB, SAN DIEGO CA
    WE REIGN SUPREME...SIX-NINETEEN

Thanks for posting it man. It helps out alot.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Great tutorial i did my doors today they came out awesome, took me 2 hours for each door.Ill try to post some pics tomorrow. My friends don't believe i did it myself they said it looks professionally done.

Last edited by tony2face; 08-04-2014 at 02:57 PM

I will post some more pics after installing them tomorrow.

Damn that looks great so far.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast