The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cruise Control Oscillation!

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    BlueESV6

Cruise Control Oscillation!

I posted this once before and am looking for more help. My cruise will oscillate intermittently (especially below 65 mph). I checked all the vacuum lines and cabling I could find going into that black rectangular control box. None were cracked and looked in pretty good shape.

It seems like it might be electrical as I can turn the cruise on and off several times and it will usually go away. The cruise is factory...

Thanks in advance!

Yep, that might probably be it; oxidized electrical contact points so it intermitantly goes on and off (hence your oscillating speed).

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

ken inn
    it could also be the reed switch. this is a part of the instrument cluster, i believe it is in the upper right side, when viewed from the back of the cluster. this switch also keeps the rpms up as long as the car is rolling. i think it takes it's reading off the the speedo. there is no replacement reed switch, you have to replace the whole cluster. when you are barely rolling, it will keep the idle up at about 1000-1100 rpm, and when you stop, after a few seconds, the idle drops down to base idle. if it doesnt do that, the switch can be bad. this switch also controls the cruise.