The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RRE HEADERS

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

RRE HEADERS

WHOOO HOOO first 9g with headers... took 12 hours literally!!!! from 5pm on a tuesday till 5 AM wednesday....boy was i bored and beat at the end of it...slept for n hour or so towards the end kuz i gave out... well its done!!! here are some pics..NO CEL or SES!!!!!

The shorties are for the 3.8 v6 and will 600 bucks for a pair plus shipping and comes with the 02 sensor bungs welded on ... the headers are direct bolt on now... installing the front took n hour or two, however they told me the back was a nightmare to install... took 4hrs and thats using a lift too!!!
    you will have to loosen some slack for the rear wires for the 02 sensors, its a fair stretch... mike from RRE decided to cut them and extend it, however a CEL came up... he soldered it and everything, but i guess their was enough resistance for a problem... could also be because a part of it where it connected was not shielded like the rest of the wire and caused a problem... soo DO NOT CUT THE O2!!!

another problem was fitting the egr tube... i think the hole was slightly off center (maybe because its a galant, i dunno) but he fixed it and wrote the specs down on what was different between the 9g and the 4g... it wasnt much... He did mention if we are buyng headers to mention its for the galant

Results... well ive pretty much kept up easily wit a couple g35 sedans and kept up head to head wit a slightly fixed up think it was auto 350Z all with a lil more then half the throttle... i would go wot but when i did it my car felt bogged down... im sure its because my magnaflow not being installed im sure alot more power will come once its installed i should be at the very least in the high 14's without my exhaust, hopefully mid with the full exhaust but i doubt it .. ill take it to a local track one of these months... but it does feel like a new and improved car... car is not as bogged down and i easily travel 90 with out even knowing it... feels amazing when i punch it in traffic. i was a little worried that i wouldnt notice the power... but its their and i noticed it

im pretty happy with the results looking at the sds now but thats like 4k and im not even sure it will fit... exhaust then brat then i dunno... im broke

my list soo far

works springs
    enkie's rpo3 19"
    6000k hids
    Fujita CAI
    Hyperground System
    magnaflow exhaust (still in the Bed Room)
    Throttle body mod
    RRE headers
    tint
    small leds in the foots of the cabin
    mud guards
    12" Sub / amp
    custom front lip
    ingalls front camber kit
    spc rear camber kit
    eyelids custom

Stuff im waiting for...
    9g egr rear visor
    powerslot rotor upgrade
    brat
    custom black virtical billet grills
    Maybe....plugs n wires
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

you actually noticed a difference? nice.

yea i noticed it right away when it accelerated... my lady drives a g35 and usually drive it... before the g, sorry to say would like some power compared to my lady's car... now its on par... wont fully know until my complete exhaust is finished

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice!

way to take some damn initiative krazi

raise the bar for the latest gen.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Didnt think I'd see those type of mods on a big ol family boat

Although the 8G is a family boat, just not too big I suppose...

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice they look good cant wait to see the finished project

Damn bro, I should have brought you to my place to crash. As I said that night, if it were a friday, I would have stayed with ya the entire time. RRE are still pricks. But damn, looks good.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

damn can we get a dyno?

shoudl have had them flash it while it was in their hands

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

aawww man i even didnt think of an ecu flash...woulda been well worth it too... however the guy that does the flash was busy tuning the 4 evo's taking an hour each driving around with the owners... and by the time my car was done it was 5am and off course the guy left ... ill look for a dyno last because thats money that i coulda used for upgrading... ill get one for sure though when im done...

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    aawww man i even didnt think of an ecu flash...woulda been well worth it too... however the guy that does the flash was busy tuning the 4 evo's taking an hour each driving around with the owners... and by the time my car was done it was 5am and off course the guy left ... ill look for a dyno last because thats money that i coulda used for upgrading... ill get one for sure though when im done...
    i meant dyno and flash.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

That's Great Kraz! It would have been nice to get a dyno run before and after all your add-ons, just to see what this baby pulls. Out of curiousity, I noticed you have a cold air intake from Fajita. What intake did you put on, the auto or man, was it direct bolt-on and did you notice any seat of the pants difference? Sorry to bog you down with all the questions but I would like to get at least a cold air intake and was wondering if it's worth it. Thank's.

Someone beat me to the punch, BLAST!

Does it sound any different than a 4G Eclipse with headers and MIVEC?
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

nah sounds the same as the 4g... one thing ive noticed is when i rev and let go of the gas it sounds like a blowoff valve...lol people on the street thought soo too ... i tried to trace the sound but couldnt find it... also their seems to be an exhaust leak somewhere, i can hear it when i step on it... im not sure if RRE installed gaskets ill take it back their one of these weeks when i have time... also they said they can make a bolt on axleback for our cars... they tried out the 4g ones but it came out short. So Mike said he would extend it for free if i bought his muffler...

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    nah sounds the same as the 4g... one thing ive noticed is when i rev and let go of the gas it sounds like a blowoff valve...lol people on the street thought soo too ... i tried to trace the sound but couldnt find it... also their seems to be an exhaust leak somewhere, i can hear it when i step on it... im not sure if RRE installed gaskets ill take it back their one of these weeks when i have time... also they said they can make a bolt on axleback for our cars... they tried out the 4g ones but it came out short. So Mike said he would extend it for free if i bought his muffler...
    Yeah, mine does that too between shifts at WOT though...the 4G Eclipse has a different bolt pattern for the cat back and it's extender further over the axle.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

really, i didnt know it was a different bolt pattern... we just put it right next to each other... ahhhh what ever

nice

That sh*t looks really nice. Where did you get that front lip, just asking cause it makes that car stand out real well.