The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01 Grill

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

01 Grill

I just received my grill that i brought off of eBay, kinda figured it will fit but right now as i tried to install it i realized the on both left and right sides there is almost a inch gap between the grill and the headlights. Also i would have to modify the mounting brackets to line up with the frame. Come to find out the grill is for a 96-99 japanese car. I know that it can be modified to fit a 2001 es US Specs galant but would like some suggestions on how could that be achieved. The grill looks pretty good, I would post pics if i knew how. So can someone help me out or point me in the right direction. Thanks[/img]

yup, you bought a JDM grill. i havent modified one, but to get rid of the gap, youd need to get JDM headlights, which are a bit longer.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member
    hahah, just buy JDM Headlights and you'll be set. lol
    -Chris

Dont cut them, it wont look clean. try and sell em for what you got and get the oem one. post it FS
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    post it FS when you get 50 posts

The funny things is, when i brought my headlights from eBay, they said they were black crystal JDM. But as i looked around after they were brought, shipped and installed i seen a big a$$ difference on the real JDM and the imatation heads. Mine dont have the dual lamps. Now What

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    See if anyone will trade your JDM grill for a modded USDM one, I'm sure someone will

welcome to ebay

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    You shoulda done some research..

could not do much research on the grill since there was less than a day and it was on a good price, i had to jump on it. so i did. i dont regret it.
    2001 Galant ES (Currently Modifying)
    2001 Grand Am GT (Stock + Rims)
    2006 Explorer EB (Still Modifying)

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYoRiCaN
    The funny things is, when i brought my headlights from eBay, they said they were black crystal JDM. But as i looked around after they were brought, shipped and installed i seen a big a$$ difference on the real JDM and the imatation heads. Mine dont have the dual lamps. Now What
    Do thorough research before you buy ANYTHING from ebay or anywhere else! The headlights advertised as black crystal JDMs are just the US 02-03 headlights with the black housing. You have a few options though.

1. Sell back headlights and grille
    2. Keep headlights and sell grill and get originally wanted grill that will fit your car without modification
    3. Keep grill, sell headlights and buy JDM (dual) headlights, which I believe that you have to modify and cut a support in order for them to fit I believe.

These are some authentic JDMs up on Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-0...23483850QQrdZ1

Here's the link to the JDM headlight install
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/view...dlight+install

If that doesn't help at all... just search for it :| it's on here somewhere
    ~Lady Driven~