The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Subwoofer Projection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I like my type r's.. But I would rather have JL W7's...

What exactly does your dad have in his car? My system is rated at 800 watts and i hit harder than some of the cats i see around town trying to bump. I can hear my car from the outside and im not running power draining amps. and its even louder with the doors and trunk open.
    im personally running:

Eclipse CD8455 in pro mode which is a bitch to tune
    Eclipse 8062 component speakers
    Eclipse 6x9 point source speakers
    1 JL Audio 12w6 old style
    1 JL Audio 300/4
    1 JL Audio 500/1

to me its simple, under 1000 watts and clear as hell...im even considering getting rid of the 500/1 and 12w6 and swap out for something less powerful like a 250/1 and 10w3. just to even out the bass with everything else.. bass is at -3 on my deck and my license plate still rattles even with a thick mat of dynamat extreme on it and on the trunk itself.

i dont doubt what youre telling me about your dads system being loud but how many speakers is he running, how many watts, amps, and money did he invest to achieve that. Alpine is a good company but in my opinion their older shiet was so much better than the crap they have now and im just talking about head units. they have no right building speakers. they fell off the wagon somewhere in the last 2-3 years. they are following sony's footsteps which i think is the worst company to buy car audio from.

Experienced TGC Member
    RE Audio FTW!!!! Ive got my 2 12inch RE audio subs sitting here beside my computer desk just waiting to be installed!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Heres a dam ngood link for all of you non-believers!

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

I bought the "Entry-level" series. Depending on how well im satisified, i may just upgrade to the XXX's 8)

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    What exactly does your dad have in his car? My system is rated at 800 watts and i hit harder than some of the cats i see around town trying to bump. I can hear my car from the outside and im not running power draining amps. and its even louder with the doors and trunk open.
    im personally running:

Eclipse CD8455 in pro mode which is a bitch to tune
    Eclipse 8062 component speakers
    Eclipse 6x9 point source speakers
    1 JL Audio 12w6 old style
    1 JL Audio 300/4
    1 JL Audio 500/1

to me its simple, under 1000 watts and clear as hell...im even considering getting rid of the 500/1 and 12w6 and swap out for something less powerful like a 250/1 and 10w3. just to even out the bass with everything else.. bass is at -3 on my deck and my license plate still rattles even with a thick mat of dynamat extreme on it and on the trunk itself.

i dont doubt what youre telling me about your dads system being loud but how many speakers is he running, how many watts, amps, and money did he invest to achieve that. Alpine is a good company but in my opinion their older shiet was so much better than the crap they have now and im just talking about head units. they have no right building speakers. they fell off the wagon somewhere in the last 2-3 years. they are following sony's footsteps which i think is the worst company to buy car audio from.
    my dad has an alipine CDA-9885 headuinit he in total has 15 speakers .. sets of alpine type X 6inch mids, and one sed of 5 1/4 inch components also type x (in the front door) he also has the center chanel speaker, he has 6inch type X components in the back doors, type R 6X9's powered by v-power125 watt amp.. and the doors are powered by a V12 600X4 watt amp.. and the 2 TYPE R's are powered by a rockford fosgate bd 1000

in total he spent a little over 2 grand

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

no pics?

Until you guys get tested on a termlab your number's don't mean anything lol...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    RE Audio FTW!!!! Ive got my 2 12inch RE audio subs sitting here beside my computer desk just waiting to be installed!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Heres a dam ngood link for all of you non-believers!

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

I bought the "Entry-level" series. Depending on how well im satisified, i may just upgrade to the XXX's 8)
    RE AUDIO ALL THE WAY!!!
    no one knows about them though but they shit on the well known brands!!

way better than alpine, gayL audio, and etc...

btw bandpass boxes > vented or ported boxes.

ever notice that the 'DUAL' walmart sound systems have bandpass boxes
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    I'm with you on those RE subs. But like you stated, alot of folks don't really know about them. Playa759 can tell you about running one XXX right now, and has been for awhile. But becareful with getting their subs now. In the past, you could only order them direct from the company, but now I see that distributers are stocking them. That's a bad sign. Like I'm sure many of you have seen, once good audio products get picked up by distrubters and chain stores, the quality goes to crap. Look at what happened to Soundstream and Rockford once Circuit City picked them up.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    I'm with you on those RE subs. But like you stated, alot of folks don't really know about them. Playa759 can tell you about running one XXX right now, and has been for awhile. But becareful with getting their subs now. In the past, you could only order them direct from the company, but now I see that distributers are stocking them. That's a bad sign. Like I'm sure many of you have seen, once good audio products get picked up by distrubters and chain stores, the quality goes to crap. Look at what happened to Soundstream and Rockford once Circuit City picked them up.
    Its about affordability and profitability. They can't keep all the expensive electronics in a nationally availible product unless they want to price themselves out of the market.

Rockford, MTX, Soundstream, or any other who is mass marketed still makes good equipment. A lot of it is perspective and experience. You may not like MTX or Rockford for example, but I do.

In anycase its about the company and its profitability. It makes sense to get your product out to as many people as possible and make your profit as big as possible.

Btw, about the boxes? Thats all a matter of construction. Bandpass allows the lowest frequencies just by way of its design. Just buy (or build) a quality box of any style and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    no pics?
    syststem?..

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

TGC Regular
    I understand you point Red. These folks out there to turn the biggest product they can, even if it mean a reduction of the quality that got their name out in the market. Don't get me wrong, I still like some of these product lines, I just don't feel like their products are as good as used to be.

TGC Regular
    Dude, what are you powering your sub with? I wouldn't be surprised if you are just under powering your sub. My friend used to run all Alpine in his Tahoe and it sounded clean and hit pretty hard but I wasn't particularly impressed. I believe he was also underpowering his sub so I think that sub has some potentially, although you would never see me buy one unless I got a hell of a deal on it.

Also, I'm not a fan of ports. I used to have a ported box with 2 12" MTX wayyyy back in the day but EVERY sub I have had since then has been in a sealed box and has performed exceptionally. Much sharper bass than I could ever get ported. I wouldn't go bandpass either.

Personally, I am more interested in tight, accurate, and responsive bass for my enjoyment than something that everyone can hear but is sloppy. If you set your system up correctly however, you should be able to have quality bass and it should be loud enough other people can hear/feel it.

Experienced TGC Member
    Why not just have a 2 box setup? Have one Subwoofer ported, and the other subwoofer sealed? :? That way you can get the best of both worlds.

i rattle store windows from the street.

2 MTX 8500 10"
    slot vented box (sledgehammer)
    MTX 1501D monoblock @ 2 ohms (1000w RMS)

thinking about upgrading the speakers to 2x12" 9500 (comparable to JLw7), or 1x15" 9500, in a sledgehammer enclosure. i miss having a trunk.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Just upgraded my amp and my box to a ported one and it's 10 times louder... much clearer..

sledgehammer FTW
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12