The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: heres something that a lot 7g deal with

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 69
    schick
    same here, with both the dash and passenger airbag

Experienced TGC Member
    Uhhh, same here I guess. WOW, this is quite the problemo... vents peeling up on the passenger side. I never even noticed it until this post, probably wouldn't have.... Thanks ViciousLord!

I am definately not a fan of dash mats, I will look into it this weekend. There has got to be a easy fix, I mean shit... it's just plastic.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

your welcome 2true,lol, im not letting this topic disappear, so come on people post
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

cantbeatmy97
    its not the vents its the dashboard its self ive already replace the defoster part mines not too bad i just stuck sumthing on top of it to wedge it in so it will stay all summer long i did that it looked gay but now it doesnt pop up as much as it did.the only thing is to get a new dashboard if u want that check out oem-car-parts.com

there isnt shit there for the 7g galants

n3wMaxw3LL
    My vent is doing the same thing..on the right side....

you can add my name to your list, airbag, pass/side!!!!
    The Few, The Proud, The Galants
    "SEMPER FIDELIS"

queball
    Yea mine is doing that to, up near the defroster vents and also right below the 2 center vents.. so much for using armoral.. I thought that crap was supose to stop cracking and things like that, but i think mitsubish needs to do a recall cars barley 4 years old and my dash looks like shit..

any solutions?......im getting pissed

signet
    mine is doing the same thing by the defroster vent.

im not letting this go

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    me either! we need to do something or at least figure out a way to fix it...
    7g for life!

??

once again im on top!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Yep passenger side defrost vent just woudlnt pop back down into place so uh I glued it down. No more problems.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Allright so its been awhile but has anyone figured out how to fix this? When i bought mine i didnt notice it, but once i got my car home i noticed that the right side defroster vent was popping up and my passanger airbag was warpped too!

Airbag

Dash

I could prob just like glue the dash down or somethin, but the airbag i dont know what to do other than replace it.

I have the same problem on both of my 7g's
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

I did have this problem but i fixed it 2 months ago!!!! what u do is pop of the plastic vent covers. use something small to move debree from under the dash. ( cleans the little foamy stuff out ) just a little. only the loose and crumbled things come out by using tape, the debree sticks to it. get like 2 tubes of super glue, crazy glue, or any other adhesive of the sort. stick the nose of the tube where the dash has seperated and put glue all in there. then push the dash down and hold it for about 2 min. let it go and it will hold. the red arrows show you where to clean and apply the glue. i had to do 8 inch sections at a time, but it works. i will post pics tomorrow of how mine looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    I could prob just like glue the dash down or somethin, but the airbag i dont know what to do other than replace it.
    the car probably was in a little accident for the airbag to be beaten up like that, not sure but guessing.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

mines doing the samething aswell
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

ok thanks for the tip. Ya on my airbag i think im just goin to go to a junk yard and get another one. Cause its messed up pretty bad and i dont know how it happend on the bottom part of the airbag to leave such a big gab between the glovebox. O well you get what u paid for considering i paid 250 cash for this cause just needed something till i got my other car working but im goin to keep it and build it up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast