The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: heres something that a lot 7g deal with

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 69
    Yeah, my airbag's popping up too but I never noticed the dofroster vent ... I'm gonna go out and check on that right now

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the top of the airbag is coming out on my car. i can push it back in but it slowly slides back out within a few minutes.....very annoying looking.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    the top of the airbag is coming out on my car. i can push it back in but it slowly slides back out within a few minutes.....very annoying looking.
    i may have to get another passenger airbag for mine as i think the reason why mines messed up is cause my uncle wrecked the car before i got it, but then again im not realy sure, and yes that crap is very annoying
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

ya i replaced my airbag and it looks fine now. But im tryin to make a airbag delete for the passanger side. As for my vents i still have to work on them. Not to worried cause its still on jack stands from replacing the transaxle that took 3 weeks!! :evil:

Damn, looked at my car on the way to work today and of course BOTH of my defroster vents have the vinyl peeling away ... and I thought it was annoying when I only noticed the airbag. :???:

222whp/250wtq

ya i didnt notice till i looked at this i noticed it and now that i said somethin not the right side is coming up! i think im just goin to pull out the vents and pull the vinal up around it and just lay down some glue all around them and put the vents back in.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeplaya3169
    I'm not positive as to what you guys are talking about...but if I'm right in my thinking then I would suggest to try heating up the peices that are peeling off, get some adhesive like superglue (so it's clear and not noticable if you screw up) and bend/glue the peeling peices back in place.

oh yeah superglue your air bag... tsk tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation

yeah same here and also the front windshield vents... freaking mitsu using cheap materials

I'm selling my G

so ya i was trying to work on my dash today around my vents and when i tried to glue them down they just pull apart. Also its very hard to get them to press aginst the plastic. Should i get a hair dryer or heat gun and just warn the vinvl and try to glue it agian?

Godspell
    Our dash started doing this a few years ago. If you dont get a dashmat it will end up warping so much it cracks so watch out.

I've have exactly the same problem as this, and im desperate to find a way to fix it :(

Like everyone else said get some super clue or something to that will adhere to it and the plastic. I suggest getting like a heat gun or blowdryer. Cause when i did mine i had trouble with getting it to sit back down it its origanl position, but when i hit it with a blow dryer it became a lil more flexible.

Yo Vicious!

I can't believe there isn't something out there to replace the parts without using a dash mat (aka - 'Fuzzy dust and food particle collector') or replacing the dash entirely. On my G, the plastic defroster vent strips have curled up and the passenger airbag cover is bulging out - as if it tried to partially deploy. I went to Mits and they wanted to replace versus repair :x Btw, that airbag has never deployed once.

I'm thinking possibly the lancer clubs could be of help? You know how the car companies try to reuse similar parts in their vehicles to cut costs; maybe a vent cover is available for another model and it fits the Galant?? I know it's a shot in the dark, but it's worth a try.

On another note - everyone check out my new post on door panels and paint. I have a related issue and could use your input.

And Vicious, this is for you... "drop dead!" I thought you'd appreciate an 'evil' remark.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well i never actually fixed mine but im going to take it out and just strip it down and wrap it with vinal and not worry bout it. As for my air bag on the passanger side i found out that theres not even a air bag in there cause the guy who repaired it failed to place a new air bag in.

That bites!

You actually took the airbag cover off and re-wrapped it? :? interesting... I'm thinking about using the blow dryer before glue.. I wonder what the long term effects would be on the dash where the glue was applied.

Anyone else reading this; if you have any experience on this subject speak up! That's what this site is for.

No i dont have a air bag at all on the passanger side and the cover is kinda glued on look.

So im just goin to wrap it all and do somethin with this extra space once i remove the peices in there[/img]

Wow

What a mess - Mine is in pretty good shape compared to that ( I guess.. ) The top part of my AB cover bulges out, but the rest of it is flush with the dash. I would like to get it completely flat and even considered banging it with a rubber mallet, but doing that on top of a live airbag would not be too smart

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Hey question how much of a gap is there between the dash and the door panels? cause i was looking at that a few mins. ago and mine is pretty big its probably about 3 inches or more

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Hey question how much of a gap is there between the dash and the door panels? cause i was looking at that a few mins. ago and mine is pretty big its probably about 3 inches or more
    that is pretty big, mine almost touches when the door is closed

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Dude your car is messed up. :shock:

lol i know...its prob. not 3 inches but there is a noticible gap...The car is fine outside its just the inside i keep on finding things wrong with i.e. Sunroof, glove box, air bag, dash, door panels! plan on replacing the entire interior.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast