The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator? No... Alternator Light? Yes

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Alternator? No... Alternator Light? Yes

Last Friday I had an incident where the alternator was not charging my battery. All the electronic eventually faded out while I was driving at night. I was pretty pissed since I just put a new alternator in about a month ago.
    I took it to the dealership to have them look at it and their diagnosis was that the alternator light was not working. They said if the alternator light doesnt come on when the key is in the ON position, the alternator will not charge the battery when the engine is running. They tightened up the bulb and all is well now.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

I just put some blue LEDs behind my gauges so I wonder if I accidentally nudged the bulb out of place while working on it.

That could be a possibility. A strong one..
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I didnt know there was an alt light, I highly doubt that a loose bulb would cause your car to lose all power. But if they told you that is what fixed it, then I guess so.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I didnt know there was an alt light, I highly doubt that a loose bulb would cause your car to lose all power. But if they told you that is what fixed it, then I guess so.
    They might have meant, that the battery light (thats in the cluster) wasn't comming on. And as a result of it not comming on could have been why they said everything shut off. Due to a blown bulb. Thats possibly why, it didn't give you that ovious indication, because the battery light didn't come on. But, there are other ways to know if the car isn't charging. Especially at night :x But again, that is MAYBE what they ment.
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!