The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carpet.....

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Carpet.....

Ok well I was going to buy some carpet for the g and was just wondering is there any glue or something to get it to form to the floor or give the carpet the molded form of the stock carpet? I ask cause my carpet needs to go like bad. I've shampooed it, washed it, everything and it still looks bad and smells like vodka which is not good considering im 19 and every cop tears the car up trying to be the first to find the bottle that isnt there.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have a spare 7G carpet that i was gonna paint but if you interested in buying it then we can talk.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

No, cause the thing is i already have tons of carpet. I got it for free and looks great and is scotch guarded to help keep it a lil cleaner. I was just trying to find a way to lay it. Cause some guys were telling me to glue it to the top and then i also got told to just make a thin fiberglass copy of the bottom and glue the capret to it so it would hold its form and so that its not a bitch if i try and take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    No, cause the thing is i already have tons of carpet. I got it for free and looks great and is scotch guarded to help keep it a lil cleaner. I was just trying to find a way to lay it. Cause some guys were telling me to glue it to the top and then i also got told to just make a thin fiberglass copy of the bottom and glue the capret to it so it would hold its form and so that its not a bitch if i try and take it out.
    why not take out the old carpet lay it on top of the new one and outline the old on on the new one and then just cut out the parts that need to be cut out?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The old carpet won't just lay flat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    The old carpet won't just lay flat...
    rocks briks etc 8)
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

The problem with replacing pieces in the carpet is the fact they are different colors. Like i thought about just using glue but i need one strong enough not to come up when people enter and exit but not so strong i cant pull it up. That why i was thinking of making kind of a skeleton for it to get it formed where i need like over the hump in the back and to stay aginst the side walls.