The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: different headlight bulbs...?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    bboyck

different headlight bulbs...?

I recently realized my headlights suck. They are like yellow orangish type deal. I know alot of people on this site have revamped their headlights with use of different bulbs. I was wondering what bulbs people have, how much they costed, the look (maybe pics), and the likes.

I'm hoping to go with headlights that sort of shine blue... but if I can't get some like that, I'd go with any clearer bulb... Like some kinds that come to mind are the stock Lexus and RSX headlights... Those headlights look kickass.

Also, I remember hearing about some bulbs melting and other types of hazard... So if anyone can give me heads up on that too, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks guys (and girls)

umm the stock lexus lights u are talking about are HID... those are not simple bulb replacements but involve a ballast and ignitor to keep the HID bulb from exploding since they do not use filaments like normal bulbs; there light comes from a arc or sustained spark. HID conversions cost about $500-$800 per pair... i have 2 pairs. here's a pic of that light color

low beam 1000K, high beam 6000K:

bboyck

ehh...

yeah... I won't be spending 5 to 8 hundred on headlights... So I'll just look for a bulb that maybe shines a little brighter than this crap yellow thats on there.

I have the Piaa Super Xtreme bulb 135/125 watts. PolarG 1157 Superwhite bulb for the corners and Nokya 893 Artic Blue bulbs for the fogs. They all match real good especially after Reelax's bright corner rewire mod.

Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

piaa super plasma H4 looks good too! glad the re-wire worked for you! great job.

Tiller
    i have a set of PIAA Superwhites i am selling... if you are interested drop me a Private message...

I have showoff krypton headlight bulbs(maybe $16 on ebay?), 80watt hiper fog bulbs(on sale $12 ebay) and hiper corner bulbs(maybe $6? ebay also), rewired the corners bright(maybe $20 in parts?), love my corners after that rewire also ;p

glad i could help out! im glad u guys did the bright re-wire mod... the headlights and corners match great now right? now if i could just get some HID corners to match my headlights :lauging:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>glad i could help out! Â*im glad u guys did the bright re-wire mod... Â*the headlights and corners match great now right? Â*now if i could just get some HID corners to match my headlights Â*:lauging:</div>

yes, it made a big difference in the look of the corners, they match the headlights and fogs much better now, thanks for the shared knowledge and tutorial

I get alot more idiots flashing their brights at me now

I have also had 80 watt fog bulbs rather than 37.5 in for 2 weeks now and no problems of melted harnesses or housing yet.

bboyck

hmmm

I should probably switch out my fog light bulbs if i switch my headlights... but as for the corners, I don't want clear corners. So is there any reason to switch those bulbs? Maybe it'll shine through the orange filter brighter?

Re: hmmm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dada one)</div><div class='quotemain'>I should probably switch out my fog light bulbs if i switch my headlights... but as for the corners, I don't want clear corners. Â*So is there any reason to switch those bulbs? Â*Maybe it'll shine through the orange filter brighter?</div>

clear corners are nicer trust me. if you still want amber get some titanium or chrome amber bulbs. they start around 5 dollars a piece

as for the foglights, i'll tell u this, chances are im never gonna put no hyperwhite bulbs in for my foglights. y? well white disperses easier than yellow. so yea in the fog and stuff, i'll see better whit yellow than white

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'> well white disperses easier than yellow. so yea in the fog and stuff, i'll see better whit yellow than white</div>

who cares, it's all about looking cool man... beeing able to see is overrated...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>who cares, it's all about looking cool man... beeing able to see is overrated... </div>

LoL, exactly ;p

opy1095
    i just got the titanium bulbs and with the clear corners the look great

i have naxxos blue headlights
    amber titanium corners
    naxxos blue fog lights

have anyone seen the blue titanium bulbs, if so how do they look, post pics.