The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G vs 8G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    you don't like 6g vr4's..... the father of the lancer evo wrc cars. :(

that's ok.... to each his or her own. :)

the 4G63 in the 6g vr4 has a lot of potential when it comes to motorsports.

the 6g vr4 is i think the lightest and the most agile vr4.

the 6g vr4 is the best.... but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6 View Post
    you don't like 6g vr4's..... the father of the lancer evo wrc cars. :(

that's ok.... to each his or her own. :)

the 4G63 in the 6g vr4 has a lot of potential when it comes to motorsports.

the 6g vr4 is i think the lightest and the most agile vr4.

the 6g vr4 is the best.... but thats just me.
    AMEN to that pare!

The E39a Galant VR4 was the first car the legendary 4g63t was put in. During its time it was ahead of its time in the technology and performance and still to this day can match up to many of the cars of today. Won many awards world wide because of that reason.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    Yea, but the 6G and 7G are fundamentally different species...

The 6g is a 4 banger, so you can't really compare it to the 7 or 8g, however, the 6g is the only true rally VR-4.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

I like the back ground in your pic Goku, im sure I've seen those hills before :)

I do like the 6g as well.
    2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 would be my pic of any car.
    Sif sig ..|..

"Ping is King"

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    7G's are lighter, and are more aero-dynamic
    Actually both have the same coefficient of drag.... .29

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I could say from my personal experience, sence i have a 7g and 8g....i find the 7g made with better quality overall. You sit in it and you fill that every component in the car is high quality and sophisticated. Very strong!!. The 8g i find it very weak. Everything inside is made with hard plastic including that troublesome dashboard. It's like mitsubishi made the 8g with the idea to save money in the production line. That's just me

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

i think if we all had the money we would get all the generations in VR4, not just regular 6, 7 and 8g's. but actual VR4s. i would shit... perfomance wise they all can do something, that JDM apperance in all models blow my mind away. but thats me.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Quote Originally Posted by dmdvzla View Post
    I could say from my personal experience, sence i have a 7g and 8g....i find the 7g made with better quality overall. You sit in it and you fill that every component in the car is high quality and sophisticated. Very strong!!. The 8g i find it very weak. Everything inside is made with hard plastic including that troublesome dashboard. It's like mitsubishi made the 8g with the idea to save money in the production line. That's just me
    Yes 7G was made and designed in the "bubble period" of Japan and cars coming out during those years are mechanically and aesthetically over the top and very awesome.

FACT, the 7G Galant pioneered the 4WS system, later used in the 3000GT
    FACT, the 7G Galant pioneered the V6 quad cam layout, which is later upgraded and used in the FTO and 8G Galant
    FACT, the 7G Galant is the first Galant to get the fully automated climate control system standard
    FACT, the 7G Galant is the first Galant to sport in-cockpit adjustable suspension (with Touring and Sport mode), later dropped in the 8G Galant for cost reduction
    FACT, the 7G Galant VR4 dashboard is soft and feels really good to the touch. Knock on it and it responds softly like a drum surface without making much noise.
    FALSE, the 7G Galant VR4 has TCL if it is automatic (it is embedded in the auto tranny "brain"). It does not have AYC because 4WS serves that purpose. The 4WS is just as, if not more so, sophisticated system than the AYC it incorporates steering crank angle sensor, yaw sensor and ABS speed sensors to make a rear steering decision.
    FACT, the 7G Galant VR4 tips the scale at 1450kg when the 8G Galant VR4 weights over 1610kg because of the super heavy AYC system, 2 airbags and a much heavier chassis sheet metal overall. The chassis strength and overall design of weight beams and aprons have not changed significantly from 7G to 8G.
    FACT, the 7G Galant VR4 F/R weight distribution is at a respectable 57:43 whereas the 8G is nose heavy to go over to 60:40 mark because the airbags and AYC unit are located near the front axle. Whereas the 7G 4WS is behind the gas tank.

went head to head with a 8G VR4 down the straight away 0-170 there is little to choose between the two, but fuel economy is bound to suffer with the 8G because when you stop you have to idle a 2500cc engine versus idling a 1990cc engine.

For mod possibilities, if you have a 7G 6A12TT and a standalone engine management, you can swap FTO's MIVEC engine head onto the 6A12TT with very little fuss, manage THAT and you'll have an engine that will sing tunes all the way to 8500RPM still wanting to get some more. If you pull that off then you'd have a fully modern engine that is comparable to EVO9s - aluminum head iron block MIVEC turbo engine! How awesome is that!

6A13 is non-MIVEC and the 6A12 MIVEC head won't fit that. The TD025 turbo on the 6A12TT can also be replaced with Trust's (that means Mitsubishi's) TD025R which has a much better A/R with zero modifications to anything else, while maintaining excellent boost lag-less characteristics.
    Last edited by hk20000; 11-11-2008 at 12:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post

FACT, the 7G Galant pioneered the 4WS system, later used in the 3000GT

FACT, the 7G Galant is the first Galant to sport in-cockpit adjustable suspension (with Touring and Sport mode), later dropped in the 8G Galant for cost reduction

The 4WS is just as, if not more so, sophisticated system than the AYC it incorporates steering crank angle sensor, yaw sensor and ABS speed sensors to make a rear steering decision.

FACT, the 7G Galant VR4 F/R weight distribution is at a respectable 57:43 whereas the 8G is nose heavy to go over to 60:40 mark because the airbags and AYC unit are located near the front axle. Whereas the 7G 4WS is behind the gas tank.

6A13 is non-MIVEC and the 6A12 MIVEC head won't fit that. The TD025 turbo on the 6A12TT can also be replaced with Trust's (that means Mitsubishi's) TD025R which has a much better A/R with zero modifications to anything else, while maintaining excellent boost lag-less characteristics.
    4WS was in the 6G vr4 first,

it was removed because its rubish and when it breaks(and it does) if bloody expensive to repair

umm yeah ok? 4ws only works below 50kph, the ayc works ALL the time, and uses more sensors than BASIC 4ws
    most people i know of remove 4ws (those who have had it) and most people i know of with AYC upgrade it,

actually the only part of the eyc thats near the from on the car is, the ECU,
    the rest of it is in the rear diff, and the pump for the hydralic part of it is loacted in the left rear corner under the car,

actually the 6a12/13 blocks are the vertually the same, so this a mivec 13 could be done,

it must be nice for you to THINK you know everything
    98 LEGNUM 25-ST & 99 LEGNUM VR4
    CLUB VR4 - The Ultimate Resource

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the 8G has more bolt-on crap available, but the 7G has way more tuning potential and useful options, by a long shot.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    get a jdm civic yo

yes 6G galant had 4WS sorry about that.

otherwise 7G galant is a hidden gem in the hay stack. For the most part, cops can't care less about your car. a 8G Galant is a lot more heaty somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12