The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replacing Inner Outer tie rods, step by step/pictures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    there is a inner tie rod remover tool to that is made for replacing inner tie rods.you can get the tool at advance auto parts and ebay has them too.also one important step when replacing the tie rods is to make sure the wheel is straight,and count the threads on the tie rod to get the alignment close to what it was.
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 03-27-2011 at 08:04 PM

Even if you count the threads you'll still need to go to an alignment shop and get it aligned. Most aftermarket tie rods dont have the same amount of threads as the factory ones so even counting them, you still wont have the toe right.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    dope tutorial man, where did you get your endlinks ? one of mine is broken and I want to get that replaced as soon as possible

dope tutorial man, where did you get your endlinks ? one of mine is broken and I want to get that replaced as soon as possible
    I got my set from rock auto. I forgt to take A pict of the stock next to the moogs. Butt the moogs are almost twice teh thickness of the stockers

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I got my set from rock auto. I forgt to take A pict of the stock next to the moogs. Butt the moogs are almost twice teh thickness of the stockers

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk
    Would the thickness work with my GTZ bar then ? how much did they run you if you don't mind me asking

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix22 View Post
    Even if you count the threads you'll still need to go to an alignment shop and get it aligned. Most aftermarket tie rods dont have the same amount of threads as the factory ones so even counting them, you still wont have the toe right.
    yeah no doubt about that,but it at least will be closer then if you didnt count the threads.as long as when the steering wheel is straight the tires are straight it wont be to far off.

Banned
    i need to do both sides...anyone local in socal wanna make a few extra bucks?

Im bumping this thread so i can find it later...
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12