The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo 8....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Evo 8....

Ok i know the lower version Evo's like the 3 are the same and that upper versions like the 8 have the engine spun 180....My questions is the evo 8 turbo manifold will bolt up fine right? I can get the evo 8 manifold with the 16g turbo and all the parts for $100 and was thinking about snatching it.

Edit--Since this was moved this is for a 7g galant.

you will need a 1/2 spacer to clear the starter..also longer studs...but other than that you should clear the a/c lines...only problem i know is the starter, and the 1/2 inch spacer should take care of that.. but i heard that cali had to use 2, 1/2 spacers..im in the same boat as i wanna buy an evo 8 manifold with a 16G..

edit- this is info for an 8G galant...not sure on the 7G.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Wait quick question...I'm running stock right now but doing head swap and stuff....Would this be to much.......

GT45 T4flange

Nomenclature (tag ID) T4 GT45 Y2004K

Inlet (exducer/hot side) T-4 Flange 70.1mm x 82.55mm (2.76” x3.25”)

Outlet (exducer/hot side) 4.25” V-Band

Inlet (compressor/cold side) Ø 109mm (4.25”)

Outlet (compressor/cold side) Ø 86mm (3.38”)

Exducer A/R 1.05

Compressor A/R 0.66

Bearing Type Ball Bearing

Cooling/Lubrication Oil/Oil

Oil Supply Fitting Flange

Oil Return Fitting Flange

Compressor major diameter Ø 98 mm

I was just thinking spool might be bad on me since i don't have wide rpm. Only to about 6k

i put a 57 trim t3/t4 turbo on a 7g galant. i used a tubular manifold from a 2g
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes
    you will need a 1/2 spacer to clear the starter..also longer studs...but other than that you should clear the a/c lines...only problem i know is the starter, and the 1/2 inch spacer should take care of that.. but i heard that cali had to use 2, 1/2 spacers..im in the same boat as i wanna buy an evo 8 manifold with a 16G..

edit- this is info for an 8G galant...not sure on the 7G.
    This is on an 8g, he has a 7g where the starter is on the back of the block below the intake manifold.

With an Evo 4-8 turbo you would obviously have to rotate it 180* to fit on a 7g maniflold unless you want to get rid of your power steering or relocate the alt. At this point the outlet for the turbo is facing the block, Im not sure if you can clock those turbos 90* or 180* like the other MHI 16gs so the outlet is facing the ground, burt if you could the turbo would work.
    7g for life!

Ok so the turbo won't work? Cause there is a guy i know selling them as a set but i could just keep the mani. and sell the turbo and should i go ahead and buy the GT45 turbo or just stick to a 16g

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Ok so the turbo won't work? Cause there is a guy i know selling them as a set but i could just keep the mani. and sell the turbo and should i go ahead and buy the GT45 turbo or just stick to a 16g
    HOLY GT45 BATMAN! That turbo is large and in charge. How large you ask? That turbo is made to sustain 45psi on a regular basis and flow enough air to produce 1200whp. Also the GT45 is regular thrust bearing, a GT45R is ball bearing, without the ball bearing, you wouldnt be able to spool that turbo at all. Im talking, none, like, at 6,000RPMs you might at best make 10psi. Stick with the 16g.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    HOLY GT45 BATMAN!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was funny...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

GT45 is huge. If you want a full on Garrett BB turbo, go with a GT30R or GT35R.
    7g for life!

i wish i had a turbo g

Ok so here is the picture...It is the 16g and a Evo Exhaust manifold....Now will this fit at all or do i need a new manifold or get another turbo?

So will that mani. and turbo work? Or do i need to loose one? just need to know cause i have to buy it from him very soon.

turbo

for the price i say its a good buy... It takes half an hour for u to fit it so just try it ur self.. I dont think a 7g has tried that combo before and as u heard the 8g needs a spacer to push the turbo out a little.. It will fit if u have the 64 bolt pattern but u may or maynot have clearance issues with the ac, pwr steering and or pulleys.. Im sure u could sell it if u need to but that manifold doesnt have a wide selection that u can change turbos with if any.. It will be a good turbo to go with..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Loks like a good deal but if you go this route you will be the first I know of on this site... Which means you may have to do some custom exhaust work to get it to bolt up right...

I would go with a proven setup but thats just my 2cents....
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

where would the spacers go?

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    The turbo outlet looks like it is facing down. See if you can flip the turbo 180* with no problems if you can you'll be good to go.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

hmmmm....Well cause at the price im getting which is 140shipped to me with all the lines and no shaft play...Cause i can atleast use the exhaust mani....And i was wondering if i could flip it 180.....Im not so worried about custom exhaust cause that would just be the down pipe at most to the cat....

I was thinking about just leaving it how it was cause the only thing i can think that might be a problem would be the cross member.... Plus when im routing the ic piping it wouldn't be to hard since i need to be on that side anyways....Dont know might try it as is.....only thing im thinking might be hard is plumbing.....

Also that picture is with the o2 housing on just incase someone didnt notice.....

mani

i dont know how many turbos if any will fit because remember thats the split manifold twinscroll where its two outlets up there and different flange than the standard mitsu turbo..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Well if worse comes to worse i will just sell it going to go ahead and try it cause its the stock 16g off the evo

Yah the manifold is specific to that turbo, its not the same as a normal DSM flange. That turbo will work as long as the wastegate clears the block and everything. If not you can just run an external on the o2 housing. In which the o2 housing will probably have to be custom made. Just order an o2 housing flange and make your own.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast