The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lift points

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

lift points

hey guys, i was wondering where are good stable points to lift my car up on a lift. I cant really find any. thanks

Depends on what your lifting it with. A 2 or 4 post lift, you can slide the arms under the pinch weld that runs down the driver and passenger side. A regular floor jack, I normally a crossmember.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

its a 4 post life and we had it on the 2 frame rails but when we lifted it up it was so unblanced are there certain spots the posts have to go on?

A 4 post lift it shouldn't matter. You sure its not a 2 post with 4 arms? If it's that, then you have to pull the car up so the gap between the front fender and front door is about 3 inches past the lift post. The only way a 4 post lift would cause a car to be unbalanced is if the arms are for some reason at different levels. In that case you have much more expensive things to worry about.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

If you look under the car on the pinch weld is a pair of small cutouts at each corner, the proper lift points are at those spots along the pinch weld. However the entire pinch weld on a unibody car is acceptable as a lift point.

thanks alot guys, it worked perfectly