The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing new gauges

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    luxcrusr2000

Installing new gauges

OK, I've seen the tutorials and know that this has already been posted, but I have one REALLY dumb question. When installing new gauges, do the old faces have to come off or do the new gauge faces slip over the old ones?

it depends....
    the gdi ones and the other ones slip over the factory guages...
    I also had a set of sunrise racing guages, and you had to pull the factory guages off to install those, also with removing the factory guages you must also remove the needles...

click this link to see what I mean
    https://thegalantcenter2.com/tutorials/gaug...uges/how_to.htm
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

luxcrusr2000
    Oh, I see. I guess it just depends on what type of gauges I get, huh?

pretty much
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

luxcrusr2000
    And my blind eyes have been opened! LOL Thanks Jaydee, you always come through, man.

ucool80
    what about the halo gauges? do i need to take off the original gauges for that? or just put some tape and stick em on the original ones?

here's the deal. if the guages come with their own power supply, you don't have to remove the original faces. if they don't come with their own power supply, it is suggested taht u remove the original faces

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ucool80
    hmm...I think they do come with their own transformer and some wires that get wired with the car. does that mean i dont have to take them off and i can just use two sided tape and stick them on?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucool80)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm...I think they do come with their own transformer and some wires that get wired with the car. does that mean i dont have to take them off and i can just use two sided tape and stick them on?</div>

just slip them on. you can use the double sided tape if u want. i didn't the screws held on nicely. also you might wanan carefully push the needle out a lil bit to give more clearance for the extra set of faces u have

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.