The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rattling/dribbling/drizzling, w/e under the car.

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    TGC Regular

Rattling/dribbling/drizzling, w/e under the car.

I just started nothing this recently... if i slap it into 1st gear, accelerate until about 4k and let go, between 3 and 4k with the exhaust sound i hear the drizzling noise like metal hitting metal at very high rate. only for like 1-2 seconds though. It seems to be coming right under the gearbox...
    Now if i move the exhaust forward and back, it moves rather free, because of the rubber hangers obviously.. The only problem i can think of would be when i tried to pull the car out of the ditch and hooked to the wrong thing, and heres the result:

As you can see the exhaust pipe is very close to that metal sheet now.

I am going to try to fix that tomorrow, that is to get it out form the way as much as possible, but as i said, the sound is coming closer to the engine bay, just after teh cat. It's liek of like a bzzzzzzzz sound only metalic.......

thoughts?

When I got my Megan catback installed it rubbed against that metal sheet (safety guard?) pictured above, so they shaved some off. Weeks later, it would make a squeaking noise on and off. I thought it might be the suspension. But as it turns out it was the exhaust rubbing up against it again, so they took more off. Problem solved.

TGC Regular
    would it make that noise when u let off teh gas and it would rattle, obviously? or just out of random?

flex pipe leaking? i know mine is
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Quote Originally Posted by lKoRTy
    would it make that noise when u let off teh gas and it would rattle, obviously? or just out of random?
    Bumps and grooves in the road would make it rattle and give off a clunk clunk sound. Which means it was just bumping up and down and hitting that metal part, so it was a constant sound. But sometimes the exhaust pipe would get stuck in a way that it would rub along the metal part and make a squeaking noise. The squeaking was more noticeable when letting off the gas, but even at a red lights and whatnot you could hear it squeaking.

I'd just get that taken care of first.

TGC Regular
    hmm ok i will try to do something about the metal part.

and luke, it does sound like it's coming form the flex pipe. could you hear yours constantly? or?

hmm ok i will try to do something about the metal part.

and luke, it does sound like it's coming form the flex pipe. could you hear yours constantly? or?
    i hear mine all the time i can take a sound clip once i get home to see if it sounds like yours or not
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

sound anything like this? http://luke9511.freepgs.com/sound.wav
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

TGC Regular
    nope, mine only does that when i let off the gas at high rpm's...

Btw r u coming to the import alliance?

nope, mine only does that when i let off the gas at high rpm's...

Btw r u coming to the import alliance?
    i forgot about that and i dont know as i dont know my way around downtown and have you told redgalant1 about it?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

TGC Regular
    no, i havent. it's going to be at the stadium (Titan's i believe). Im sure u can find it.

no, i havent. it's going to be at the stadium (Titan's i believe). Im sure u can find it.
    im like 5 minutes from downtown, and i have never been there by myself before so, but i will get a map and see how that goes
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

TGC Regular
    you should dammit. plus we gotta find more galants there and recruit ppl for tgc lol.

you should dammit. plus we gotta find more galants there and recruit ppl for tgc lol.
    theres a couple of galants at my school that i need to put flyers on, also how much does it cost to get in?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

TGC Regular
    i believe its free.. its a public stadium parking lot after all....