The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Right Headlight Blown

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Right Headlight Blown

So, I came back from PR and wanted to start up my car, only to find out only one HID light was working. I have a one year warranty with the manufacturer and reseller but I was sure that wasn't it since it was working fantastic. I tested the HID bulb by swapping it out and the ballast was not working. So then I tested the ballast by putting on regular halogen bulbs. The halogen bulb wasn't working either! So, I checked the fuse and saw that the right one was blown. I replaced it and gave it a try once more, and again it doesn't want to turn on.

I checked all the connections for the H4 headlight harness. I had to buy new ones a while back because the higher voltage bulb melted the stock ones. Now. Here is the problem, after I re-did the connections, and wrapped the sucker in electrical tape, it still didn't want to turn on. What could this problem be?

Please if anyone has any knowledge about this let me know, I'll try to check the haynes manual to see what I come up to but damn this sucks

did you say you hooked up a regular stock halogen bulb to an HID ballast?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

WarmAndSCSI
    No, he bypassed the HID ballast.

with the halogen bulb, do any of the beams work? or are both high and low beams are out?

if both are out, i'd take a test light or a voltmeter and see if the socket has a good connection to ground.

if the high is on and the low isn't, i'd check the low beam wire and see if that has a good +12v connection.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    No, he bypassed the HID ballast.
    Correct I took out the ballast and installed the OEM halogen light and still nothing. My sister told me it had been raining the week I was gone so that might have played a part. I will try that voltage meter thing, see if I am running any current

Alright, thanks to Fatal1 the fuse was blown and I replaced it with a 20 instead of a 10. I put the HID's back on and they work like normal. Thanks guys for your help!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no prob :smt002...it says it in the instructions usually...i was having that problem for a while and since i put in the 20 hasnt happened since and no problems