The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: damn brembo calipers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

damn brembo calipers

i got new wheels to fit over the brembos and they still dont fit.

after adding a 5mm spacer, i barely have 1mm clearance from wheel to caliper. it spins freely tho but too close for comfort

sticking out like a skateboard

might have brembos and/or wheels for sale

how much for the brembos?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thats pretty insane, I dont think I would want to drive it like that. Maybe try a different wheel/offset combo?
    7g for life!

nah, i think im just gonna run a 2g eclipse bbk. using the Rays fitment guide, the wheels they guarantee will clear the evo calipers are +33 offsets. my wheel is +37. or +32 with the spacer.

i know how u feel. my VOLKS won't clear the evo calipers. i wonder if they have made any progress over at club3g w/ the 3KGT VR4 caliper (4 pot) brackets? i'm guessing those will fit almost any 18"+ wheel.

damn, that really sticks out lol

brembos look so nice yet won't fit

maybe get EVO wheels :? but won't get you that unique VIP look

Re: damn brembo calipers

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    i got new wheels to fit over the brembos and they still dont fit.

after adding a 5mm spacer, i barely have 1mm clearance from wheel to caliper. it spins freely tho but too close for comfort

my cousin's work wheels had about 1 mm clearance (or less) and ran fine. WORK actually told us and the shop that they would NOT fit, but they were perfect. (WORK VS-SS 18x9 +36mm?)

ya. but my wheels are sticking out the side too much. i was planning on running negative camber, but this just sticks out too much.

actually, VEGASMATT has brembos and G-GAMES... wonder what size he is running and if he is using spacers? I know CALI's VOLKs fit but he is running 19x8 +36mm (could be +34mm) SF-CHALLENGEs. if he is sticking out, his flares are making them flush.

I'll take pics when I get home but I am running the same wheel, with spacers and extended wheel studs. Mine clear with about 1mm to spare.
    Love,
    Matt

Sell the little wheels and buy some 19s.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    those are 19's

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    maybe you guys need to sacrifice some lip action on the wheels and get legs that push out more for clearence

i think cali also said hes running spacers as well to clear the brembos.

which wheels do you have now matt? your wheels dont stick out with the spacers? do you have fender flares as well?

i kinda dont want to get flares cuz the look wont be as clean.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    those are 19's
    maybe it's because the wheel is not on the floor. but they don't look like 19s. i thought they were 18s.
    -Pedro

its cuz my rotors and calipers are so big that the wheels look small

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Wow that is sticking out a bit. The only thing that I recommend is that you get the fender flares & get them molded on.

which wheels do you have now matt? your wheels dont stick out with the spacers? do you have fender flares as well?

I am not running fender flares at all. Ill take pics tomorrow because my Galant is buried in the garage behind a lot of crap. I am running 18" Gram Lite 57's which are similar to the G-Games. I am running a spacer and extended wheel studs. Mine do not stick out as much as yours, I need to crawl under and see what the offset is for you. Just because you use a wheel offset for the Evo does not mean that it will clear the calipers on the Galant. Its basically the style of the wheel with the correct offset you have to play with. My shop ordered 4 sets of wheels for me before we found out the the gram lites would fit. I know the shop that did my calipers it took them forever to get it to work but we finally did the day before MOD06 last year.
    Love,
    Matt

What kind of wheels are you looking for?

Yeah those sit out super far... maybe go on evo forums... you can check out alot more wheels to know for sure if they will clear properly...

i have rota torques. 18x8 with a +35 offset and they stick out barelly... you can hardly notice...

2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast